KStork

Username: Kstork

Houston, TX United States

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased and installed a new Samsung LCD TV (Model No.: LN-S4096D) which is equipped with a cable card slot. I obtained a CableCard from Time Warner. That came with the instruction to phone into Time Warner certain information that appeared on the screen. This I did. The Time Warner representative instructed me to go to Channel 311 or 312 and that didn't work as the TV always jumped back to the lower channel it was on before. The Time Warner representative then said there was nothing she could do and that I needed to contact Samsung with the problem.

I noticed that the message "Updating Channel List" never disappeared from the screen and the message "Updating is Completed" never appeared.

I finally reached Level 2 Technical Support at Samsung. The technician made me bring up the screen "Diagnostic Status -- II" and inquired about the information shown under:

(6) Status of OOB SI

That showed:

6.1 NIT: Complete
6.2 SVCT: Incomplete
6.3 OOB Channel Map: Incomplete
6.4 OOB SI Download: Changing

He said particularly the fact that SVCT is incomplete indicates there is problem with the cable or the CableCard and I needed to bring that to the attention of Time Warner.

This I did and was told by Time Warner that the message "SVCT: Incomplete" means nothing to Time Warner and I would have to resolve the problem with Samsung. On the recommendation of Time Warner I have swapped the CableCard against another one, but that didn't solve the problem. Strangely enough, I was told that all of Time Warner's CableCards are refurbished.

What are SVCT and OOB Channel Map and how can they be completed?

I noticed that the Auto Program in the Channel Menue would not allow me to select "Cable" and thus not the "Cable System". How can that be corrected?

Karl
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us