Samsung DLP HLN4365W Blinking Problem

Username: Hobb1728

Post Number: 1
I've owned this DLP for about 2 and a half years, but the last 6 months, the TV has just been sitting in storage. When I tried to turn it on, it sounds like it's trying to fire up, but never turns all the way on. The lamp light was flashing, so I ordered a replacement lamp from Samsung (BP96-00224J). When I tried to install it, the TV turned on, but the screen was solid green, then red, then blue. I thought it was the lamp adjusting, but after all that it just turned off. Can anyone help?

P.S. The lamp I ordered was a 120 W bulb and the lamp that came with the TV was 100 W. Would that be the problem?

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 848
The color wheel is barely spinning. I'm not sure your color wheel is defective, though. Unless you are sure that the lamp housing is the exact same as the original it could be a different housing that is making contact with the color wheel preventing it from spinning. The new glass lamp itself may be a combo lamp that is 100w/120w, which is fine for replacing the older 100W lamp, but the housing must be the exact same as the original. Lamps can be swapped between housings.

If the housing is the same it's a bad color wheel.
www.samsungparts.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us