Cooolsat ... timeline to going back up.

Bronze Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 71
What are the estimates on the timeline to get the auxed cards back up?
I'm betting on this Thursday evening at the latest.

Cardless FTAs should take longer, with VS likely to get a leg up over the rest again. But I think it's going to be another 1 month or more wait. 2 months could be a death blow to FTA (especially if DN then rolls out ANOTHER mega ECM after that).

Initially the reaction on Monday was that 3B was an easy Map call to fix, but many knowledgeable folks are saying that there are sub calls within map 3b, and it will be tougher than map 57.

Expect the price of plastic to go over $300 within the next 6 weeks if FTA stays down. And if the aux solution is up again this week, there will be more buying of cards - even card readers will go back up to $50.

This week is Cooolsat's golden chance to step up to the plate and take the lead.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
by the way, I am not here to bash VS, because they were the only ones to give their customers a cardless fix for map57.

But... I really doubt that they have the full rom102 dump. If they do have the full dump, then technically speaking, they should have a new fix before the weekend.

If VS has a fix by the weekend, then they really do have the full dump, and it will be $180 well spent to buy one.

No VS fix by the weekend? Then get ready for a few weeks of BS and broken promises. Oh, and silence from P@ansat.

Bronze Member
Username: Dish

Post Number: 72
And you know all this because?????

Why do people post this kind of Sh!t if they don't have any sources or are not in the know of what is being worked on.

If you can't name sources and you are not a coder, STFU and don't post Sh!t

Bronze Member
Username: Chico

Post Number: 46
rumored that cools@t(norw) will release a card fix shortly.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
maybe tonite

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
If you can't name a source, STFU

Don't start all these BS threads

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
Dish...

Is it sh1t for anyone to say that VS claimed to have the full rom102 dump? Hmmmmm? Anyone with 1/2 a brain who has done reading around the sites will agree that they made that claim several weeks ago. Fact!

And if they have the full dump, then they should be up in a matter of days. And VS stated that any future ECM would cause minimal downtime. Fact! They said that.

Who the F.UCK needs inside info?

If they go come back up in a few days, then it is fair proof that they have the full dump; if they stay down for weeks (again!) then they F'ing lied.

If you can't put 2 and 2 togther, then you should STFU. Fact!

As for 3B being bigger than 57 - read around and get the facts. Again, you idiot, no "inside info" required.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
If you believe everything you read then your the idiot

How can these be facts if nothing has happened yet

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
dish

check out f2atv.c0m

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
"How can these be facts if nothing has happened yet..."

IT HAS HAPPENED.
It was / is statements that VS has already made. Those are the facts. And based on what they claimed, is it not reasonable to deduce that if they come back fast, they were telling the truth? And if they stay down for weeks, then they surely don't have the full dump?

Resonable statements IMHO.

We are obviously not on the same page; let's just agree to disagree.

The thread was not meant to be a BS thread making false claims - just making for discussion on a discussion board.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
chico

I saw it, thanks

That is all we ask for,,,,,SOURCES

Good job chico

I apoligize for my previous post

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
JRQ,,,ok lets wait and see what happens

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
No probs...
I've no loyalty to any make or model. Who ever gets fixes up, I say great. The more the merrier; even if I don't own that particular one.
:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Pegg

Post Number: 11
Do you know what kind of Card is this? Is this a standard yellow card or something else?

Bronze Member
Username: Ouchi_collashi

Post Number: 41
Cool sat with the aux card is back up. My guess is viewsat has the entire maprom area and will be back up in a day or two. That would put pansat and most of the others including cool sat out of business.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmeat

Post Number: 67
yeah, cuz cool sat w/ aux is a different company then cool sat w/o... out of business my @@S. STFU

Bronze Member
Username: Ouchi_collashi

Post Number: 47
Guess you don't read so well. Who is going to buy a cool sat if they have no cardless fix... no one. Rom 102's and 103's don't grow on trees.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmeat

Post Number: 68
guess what RETARD... do cools@t recievers grow on trees you fawking moron?? no, you gotta buy them too, you cheap mother fukcer! talk about $500 bucks for complete channels and most uptime next to plastic.. nothing is free, not even fta, u gotta buy a tv, and a reciever, its just how much you wanna spend.. and bang for buck..
cools@t aint' going no where.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
Ouchi... remember one thing - if there is another long delay for a cardless fix (we are talking VS and PS), then any other alternative would be attractive, regardless of the cost.

When you factor in the likelyhood that CS with aux card will stay up until there is a card swap, then $400 to $500 isn't that expensive. A card swap would take at least a year to roll out.

Sure there's a chance that somehow DN could get to the rom102 cards, but it's unlikely.

Cardless solutions are looking tougher and tougher - unless VS really does have the full rom dump. I maintain my position: that if VS has the full dump, then a bin should be released within a matter of days. A big delay would provide everyone with an answer - and that would be upward price pressure on cards.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us