Lesson #2

Bronze Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 79
Hello & Good Morning Teacher

Iam now ready for lesson #2
I have a Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra receiver.
Question, how do I set it up?
The only thing that I know is to plug it in & turn the switch on.Please by the numbers, slow & in English.

THANKS

Silver Member
Username: Grimreeper

Post Number: 167
A#2 READ!!!try here youll have to register but its free http:// dsscommunity. com/forums/viewforum.php?f=57&sid=47b89cfeb6ceb9bb8e2d8ba4b12b1727

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 300
Step by step 278T loading instructions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

274t Auto-Key-Roll & Auto-TP-Roll , Safe For All Fortec Lifetime Ultra's & Pansat 2500. This is NTSC not PAL
Read all of these instructions you will have less questions and may learn something.
TP auto-roll will find a channel if it is moved. It will NOT find the channel if it moves to another Satellite.

PLEASE DO NOT PM me, POST YOUR QUESTION IN A NEW THREAD.

I am not taking credit for this bin's just the instructions. Chancysand & others gets the bin credit.

PLUGGING IN CABLE.
Make sure you plug in the cable from the dish to the receiver at the IF 13/18v INPUT. Not the ANT IN. Change the FTA to ALL just before you scan for channels. Also the wires coming from the dish to the switch should be put on the switch at the same number as you have set in your receiver. Like 119 wire goes on number 1 on the diseqc switch and the receiver has #1 for 119 in the program.

How to flash your Fortec Ultra.
You can flash (load) your Ultra with this bin on top of the bin (file) you already have. It will replace it.
If you read all of this you will have less questions at the end.
Use a STRAIGHT THROUGH CABLE RS232C hooked up to your receiver from the computer. Take the cable off going to the LNB to be safe.
If you have the year model Dec 2004 or newer you can clone it or you MAY need to use a USB to Serial cable 26-183 at Radio Shack. Get detailed instructions about the cable here hteetp://www.beaglesoft.kom/232usb.htm
Download the recommended X-85BL_060515_274t_ RTN_TVE_4sec_au_api(N).ZIP

Download a loader to your computer or use BLACKLIST UP LOADER.ZIP It don't ask as many questions.

UNZIP both files. You can use WinZip or Winace.
You can get them here hteetp://www.sharpc.kom/CM/update.htm

EPG - ELECTRONIC PROGRAM GUIDE
Each time you turn the receiver ON you will be asked if you want the EPG. When you turn the receiver on. Click OK to download the EPG, this is the guide to tell you what is on TV. If you say EXIT you may not have any EPG. If you need to refresh the EPG for any reason just turn the receiver OFF & ON. Make sure the time of the day in the receiver is correct. Don't concern yourself with the Year, Month & Date. Need to be on 119 or 110 Satellite to get the EPG download.

AUTO-ROLL OPTION
You can turn auto-roll ON or OFF in DN
MENU then PARENTAL CONTROL then OK then to SECOND PIN then 1668 or 1010 or 0000
then down to AUTOROLL OPTIONS then OK. Side arrow will change autoroll then OK then EXIT

DISH PRO & CHANNEL MASTER & CHANNEL LIST.
A Dish Pro LNB has one or two eyes in one casing with a black label saying Dish Pro. If you use a channel list you need one for your Dish Pro. Or you can convert the channel list to Dish Pro with Channel Master. If you scan for your channels with your DP then you are OK.

CHANNEL ORDER & DUMMY SATELLITE
If your channels are in a sid (channel) number order and not in the order you numbered them to be, do this. Put the word DUMMY as the first Satellite in the Satellite list with Channel Master. In CM right click on the word SATELLITE then click on ADD SATELLITE. Put DUMMY for the name then click OK. Now you need to move the word DUMMY from the bottom of the Satellite list to the top so it's the first one. Also you should change the word ECHO to DISH on each Satellite you are getting. Right click on the Satellite you want to change then click on PROPERTIES then change ECHO to DISH. You can save it in CM under Fortec Lifetime Ultra.> EXTENDED EPG & TRANSPONDER AUTOROLL< will only work if satellite is named Echo 110

HOW TO SET DEFAULT KEY FOR THE 278t bin.
MENU, PARENTAL CONTROL, OK, down to SECOND PIN put in 0000 or 1010 or 1668 then OK then down to SET DEFAULT KEY then OK.

HOW TO DO A FACTORY SETTING FOR THE 278t bin
MENU, down to FACTORY SETTING then OK. When you do this you will clean out your channels.

SWITCH
A SW21 switch will not work with the Ultra. That is a DN switch. You will need a SW22 to work with FTA. You can also use a DiSEqC switch. This switch is a good one but some receivers have trouble with it switching. A trouble free switch is a 22kHz switch. It will switch every time and will not give you any trouble. But only has two connectors for two LNB's. So if you use more then two LNB's I would go for the SW22 switch.

CHANGE PIN NUMBER
The pin numbers are 0000, 1010 or 1668. If you changed your pin number and lost it or just can't get in with the pin number you have, 1668 will over ride what ever pin you changed it to in most Ultra receivers. If that don't work you will need to re-flash your receiver to get it back originally. Should save your channel list first.

CHECK TO SEE IF YOUR AUTO-ROLL WILL AUTO-ROLL WITH THE 278t bin. OR MANUALLY CHANGE DN KEYS
For some reason you may want to see if your auto-roll will auto-roll or manually change the keys for DN.
MENU
Down to PARENTAL CONTROL then OK
At bottom in SECOND PIN put in 0000 or 1668 or 1010
Then down to NAGRAVISION 2 then OK
Side arrow to 01 01 then down to KEY DATA and change one or more of the numbers.
Then click to save then exit all the way out.
The % should show and may go well above 100 before you get a picture.

Chancysand Modified Autoroll

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This file is for those who have issues with the original 278t bin. You don't need it if the original bin works without problems.

He also recommends that Autoroll to on, set Default keys, and Auto TP off.

I changed the date of the file to help prevent confusion.
Attached Files X-85BL_060913
credit goes to chancy
files and loader is located at dssrookie under ultra file section

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 301
http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/b-font-color-cd2626-ultra-files-font-b/09-12-06- the-newest-chancysand-bin-w-autoroll-94807.html

Username: Roderick36

Post Number: 4
Quick question i have a DTV dish i have a pansat 2700a the question is how do i get all TP's back i just get 14 TP's and none of them are XXX and i only get 4 PPV channels do i need to go adjust the dish or do i need to change some kind of setting or what i get the DIR 1,2/KU satellite and working channels don't know what else to do can someone send me some detail instructions on what to do i would greatly appreciate it

Bronze Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 80
Hey justice

Thanks, for the time you put in for this info.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us