Pansat 2700a scan hanging

Username: Mag0o

Post Number: 1
How long should a scan take on a Pansat 2700a? This is my first setup and have added echo7 (roughly 85% signal and 85% quality) and when I scan it (satellite scan, TP scan or blind scan) the scan finds a few channels then seems to hang.

I feel like I have gone through the proper steps to set this up, but I'm not 100% positive...

Bronze Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 67
i had that problem with my 2700a clone. It used to hang at60% or so, but my problem was signal strength. 85% should be rockin for ya. One other thing I did wrong was I had the wrong lnb type in setup. these 2 things solved my hanging problem. not much for ya but i hope it helped!

Post Number: 2
Hmm, I'm not exactly sure which LNB type I should select. I'm using an old DTV dish that has a dual LNB on it (only using one LNB). Any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 69
I was using universal setting, i think. setting it to Standard lnb was my solution, (and getting quality as high as possible)

Bronze Member
Username: Bladam

Post Number: 90
Hi There, are we still using echo 7 and echo 8
my pansat is showing SBS6, and AMC5, as the working satalit, if this is not correct working satlite, how would I go about getting echo 7 and echo 8

Username: Jackre4512

Mag0o, I have my dual LNB picked as Standard with LNB Local Freq set at 11250. Make sure you choose 119 as #1 and 110 as #2 as your Diseqc in the Atenna setup.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4405
could be using a USB adapter, wrong port and improper flashing procedures..or need to change loaders

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4406
sorry...wrong thread..my mistake..

Post Number: 3
jack, I'm assuming I have to move the dish to go between 110 and 119, correct? If I'm wrong let me know and I'll go hook up the other connector and grab 2 birds with one round dish...

Username: Goosediaz

Mexico DF, DF Mexico

Post Number: 6
Hello I have the same problem (Sat. scan and Bling Scan hang) I have a Pansat 2500A my settings are
Echo 7 at 119
LNB type Standart
Local Frec 11250
22 khz off
Disq off
Scan ALL

Same Settings for Echo 8 at 110
Please HELP!!!

Username: Jackre4512

Post Number: 2
If you hang while doing a scan, clear all chanels and rescan other Sat. first. Sometimes 119 will hang so then I start with 110 & scan 119 second.

Username: Forum_administrator

Are you not using a diseqc switch?

You have everything set correctly except you should have 119 set to diseqc #1 and 110 set to diseqc #2

unless I am misunderstanding your situation.

Post Number: 4
Well, for my hanging problems I have found a solution that works for me. Not being exactly sure which sat I'm pointing at (I'm able to get Venus ppv if anyone can let me know which sat I'm pointing at) but my solution was to do a blind scan, let it find all of the TP's it could, wait for the blind scan to hand, look at the TP frequency it was hanging on, stop the blind scan and then delete that TP, then just do a Satellite scan and if it hangs again, delete that TP.

This may be a backasswards way of doing it, but it's working fine for me.

Post Number: 5
BTW, the 'dual' LNB I'm using is one of the DTV LNB's that just points at one satellite and allows 2 receivers, so if I want a different satellite I will have to move the dish.

Post Number: 6
OK, disregard my post about deleting TP's and such. I was scanning echo 7 and 8 when I was pointed at nimiq 1...doh! I will try a rescan tonight on the proper satellite and see what I come up with this time and see if it hangs...

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 2346
Ivan Diaz, do you have two dishes? why do you put disqc off?

Silver Member
Username: Oleg1474

New port richey, Fl Usa

Post Number: 234
NEED INSTALL FILTER PROTECT YOUR RECIVER FOR NEW
ECU/EURO06...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us