Viewsat Receiver's can make your satinfo file for you

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4391
Viewsat Receiver's can make your satinfo file for you - Here is how!!!!
I was questioning, on this or another site, what or how we know to having a good satinfo file. Well after I took my own advice today, having some time to kill I started reading and discovered a post that blew me away.

I've tested the method as discussed below and as reported it works perfectly. Credit goes to member "Skylooker" of another site for this fantastic tip on how to! Thanks Skylooker!!!

"Before a scan, go to edit satellite settings and delete all TPs except for TP1 for each sat which is 12224 for 110, 91, and 82 and 12239 for 119. Make sue the settings for that single TP are correct and then perform a regular scan. In the process, the receiver will automatically locate all TPs whether they cover your geographic area or not. I've done it this way every single time and my scans are flawless no matter which PGM file I'm using."

This technique works perfectly every time. The problems reported here are not related to this procedure. I have done this procedure over and over again and it always comes up perfectly.

Delete all TP's except the following corresponding spot beams then do a channel scan within the same installation screen by pressing okay:

110 - Start scan at 12224 deleting all others
119 - Start scan at 12239 deleting all others
91 - Start scan at 12224 deleting all others
82 - Start scan at 12224 deleting all others
61.5 - Start scan at 12297 deleting all others

F3 is the delete button.
Just wanted to add that when I scan, I turn the power off to all other LNB's except the one I am scanning. Make sure you turn them all back on once complete!

Username: Dopeyelf

Frampton, Ont Canada

Post Number: 9
Nice tip, does this work on any other boxes or just the viewsat's?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4407
bump...other boxes does need a satinfo file..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us