Invacom QPH 031 LNB

Bronze Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 72
Hello
I have installed the Invacom QPH 031 & run Four (4) cables from it to inside of the house. Two(2) cables the C/P were connected to a 3X4 Multi Switch. The other two (2) cables, the C/P are connected to a DiSEqC Switch the outputof this switchis connected to a FortecStar Lifetime Ultra receiver.This receiver is connected to a Stabs HH100 Motorized Dish.
Now for my question, can I loop the linear cable through the motor & then to the DiSEqC Switch?
THANKS
P.S.The reason for the 3X4 Multi Switch is, I have four (4) wall TV outlets & a OFF AIR ANTENNA two (2) separate systems.

Silver Member
Username: Morispastora

Thunder bay, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 338
Kavin Reno just draw it and send a picture ,that way no body get confused.

Silver Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 182
You can only have one receiver controlling the motor - never two... the second receiver will only see the satellite the receiver controling the motor sees.
In answer to your question, you must run the LNB cables to your diseqc switch 1st. Then connect the receiver port from the DiSEqC switch to the motor and the motor to the receiver.
Again, let me warn you, you can NOT have two receivers connected to a motor.

Vini

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
Thanks Vini

Only one (1) receiver is connected to the motorized Dish.Like I said above I have already run four(4) cables in the house, Two(2) from the Circular & Two (2) from the Linear.What would happen if I first connect the wire from the LNBs
linear to the motor & then to the DiSEqC Switch?

Will it work?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
Answer to my owe question.
Nothing will happy it will work.
It will move the dish only on satellites with linear frequencies.For this type of setup the DiSEqC Switch is not needed.

Silver Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 183
on the setup below:
LNB--->DiSEqC--->MOTOR---->Receiver

Works fine - you can have Linear and Circular connected to the DiSEqC switch and from the output switch port to the motor. This way your receiver can control the motor and the LNB at the same time. The trick is to have your receiver programmed properly for both DiSEqC/LNBtype and motor type (USALS... DiSEqC1.2... etc..).

Did I save your day or made you even more confused? LOL

Vini

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
Hey Vini I hear you.
Every thing is cool.

THANKS
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help