Why no signal when changing from 110 to 119?

Bronze Member
Username: Betonme

Post Number: 16
I have 110&119 hooked up using a pansat Diseqc switch, i'm getting all the channel however when changing channel from 110 to 119 I won't get signal for 119 channels unless I turn the receiver off then on. This doesn't happen when manuavering from 119 to 110 channels, does anyone know the cause behind this?

Silver Member
Username: Totaldikguy

Post Number: 182
3 possible reasons:

1. Wrong cable size. It has to be RG-6
2. RG-6 but, cable is too long.
3. Poor connections (contact), make sure that the F-connectors were crimped properly.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4387
If 119 cable is more than 150ft, buy a cheap "in line amp" from radio shack..also U could possibly have a disque thats starting to go...for $7, I'd get, another one...switches go often...

U may want to reverse the 110-119 cables into the switch and change the receiver antenna settings also...see if the problem is now the 110...also can try another port for the 119 ..

Bronze Member
Username: Betonme

Post Number: 17
Thanks guys, I'll try to reverse the cable, it's just strange that this only happen to changing from 110 to 119 channels not the otherway around. as long as I change the channels within each respective sat. signal is at full strength, but as soon as I go from 110 to 119 I have to power cycle the receiver to get signal on 119. The cable are fine and secured. I"ll get another switch to see if this help. Thanks again for your previous input.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us