WBZ-CBS Boston Channel Number

Bronze Member
Username: Reach_honey

Post Number: 22
Guys,
anyone knows what is a channel number fot WBZ-CBS for Boston area.
I wanted to see coming week New England Game at Jets.
Any help is appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4367
Since I am a die hard Patriots fan, U are in luck!

sat 110- channel 8771, Transponder 20, WBZ channel 4 CBS

or sat 61.5- channel 7771 WPRI from Providence RI

or possibly from NY ..sat 119 -channel 8101 WCBS

BTW...all Boston locals are on Dishnet from channels 8770-8785..thats ABC, CBS, FOX , NBC, etc..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4368
also here use this ..has listing of all/EVERY Dishnet channels and their satellites and transponders..

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
LK, You rock.
I'm too die hard Patriots FAN
Oh and ofcurse RED SOX. I have NESN channel which i'm watching but did not knew about this one.
Thanks a lot
Hope there is not change in DN except keys stuff so that can watch the game
GO PATRIOTS!!1

Gold Member

Post Number: 4374
As U know, Patriots are NOT shown on NESN, only the Sox..Pats are always on CBS, except for an ocassional rare ESPN or Fox channel (when sometimes playing a NFC team)...thats why I gave U the link to every channel on Dishnetwork in case U need to catch them on another channel...

BTW ...I live in Florida now, but call Mass home...and I have a shared DTV sub from Mass with the NFL Sunday ticket but cannot get the Pats because they are on locals in Mass (but I too get NESN, cause NESN is not a local channel with DTV)...so I too must rely on FTA for the Pats..

Silver Member
Username: Boricua_power

Aguadilla, Pr Puerto rico

Post Number: 245
Good god found some patriots fan in a forum and Lk is one of them,i am one of those fans but i live in Puerto Rico and now that you mention sat61.5 i wonder if those boston channels can be seen over here.

Silver Member

Post Number: 246
Good God found some patriots fan in a forum and Lk is one of them,i am one of those fans but i live in Puerto Rico and now that you mention sat61.5 i wonder if those boston channels can be seen over here.

Silver Member

Post Number: 248
Is there a way i can get those channel in Puerto Rico with my FTA just by puting the tps.

Username: Zork_99

Post Number: 10
Another die hard Pats fan here in Canada(since 1974)..:-) EPT you wont get the Boston locals as they are only spot beamed to the north east seaboard(neither can I) but New York WCBS ch 243 is on the main satelite and you will be able to get the game against the Jets this sunday...Also if you are close enough to Florida, you may get an assortment of spotbeamed Florida/Georgia local CBS channels that may carry Pat's games whenever the Dolphins arent on.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
I don't have any channels from 8770.
Do I need to Rescan again for echo 3?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4382
If U live in that Boston geographical area then U should be getting all those locals from 8770-8785...they are spotbeamed to that specific area and probably 50-100 miles away also..and its TP 26 spotbeam 4 on channel 8771 on satellite 110 (echo 8.10)..U need to do new scans and TP scans also..

BTW...how many LNB's on roof dish do U have and aimed at which satellites?...U know U cannot just do scans UNLESS U have a physical LNB attached to dish and aligned perfectly at specific satellites...1 LNB = 1 satellite

If U line elsewhere in New England, let me know WHERE exactly and what your local CBS channel is and we'll see what channel that is..

also U should get it on channel 243 on the 110 satellite also, which is major superstation CBS in NYC...

Bronze Member
Username: Mike_m

Post Number: 17
DAMM LK A PATS FAN I KNEW YOU WERE TOO GOOD TOO BE TRUE GO JETS.HEY LK DO YOU KNOW IF WE CAN GET THE YES CHANNEL HOME OF THE YANKEES I ALSO LIVE IN FLORIDA(MIAMI)AND HOW ABOUT THE LOCAL NY CHANELS SO I CAN WATCH THE JETS

Gold Member

Post Number: 4384
Read my post directly above yours about channel 243....now go to the link way above and look up "Yes" channel and see if its spotbeamed or just what type of channel it actually is....I know the answer, U need the training..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
I live in Sac-CA area. And I have 2 separate dish with2 different LNB's

Gold Member

Post Number: 4397
Sac-Ca...as in Sacramento California?...no wonder U can't get spotbeamed Boston locals..U never will!...best chance is 243 from NYC..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us