Please Help

Username: Ke5aqn

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 1
I had a BUD 3 years ago and was "into" the hobby. I have now moved and dont have the BUD anymore. I sold the system to the new home owner (at a great profit I might add) so I need to start from scrach. The point is I have some sat experance and with FTA as well. I have a small dish from dir**tv and thats it. So The question is what is the best receiver now? What is the best way to go on a receiver, and what else do I need to get as well? Can I get what I want from the small dish I have? Thanks alot I have been doing ALOT of reading here and other places I can find and this is the BEST forum I have found.

ke5aqn@gmail.com

Bronze Member
Username: Cali

Post Number: 53
Wavefrontier

Bronze Member
Username: Chaviyaso_loison

Inglewood, Ca Usa

Post Number: 41
i download the new bin and my ty when out when they change the keys ps help

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 2
OK thanks Cali!

did you mean something like this http://www.pansatdirect.net/beta2/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id= 34

OK how many LNB's would I need? for example if direc** is not "open" I wont need to have a LNB for theirs right?

Now what receiver would be easier to learn to use?

thnaks again

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4362
If this is the BEST forum U found then U are in deep kimchee...First there are NO manuals, guides here..2nd there are NO files here...3rd, this is unorganized and not the most informative site..suggest U read the REPUTABLE sites thread and pick one of them...and now is worse time to get into FTA, unless TRUE FTA and NOT for Dishnet and Bev purposes..and best receiver is probably the viewsat or coo*lsat, IMO...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4363
If U had BUD U would know about LNB's etc..

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 3
on the LNB Question, I was just thinking someone could tell me a easy answer as to how many birds they look at or mabee how many have FTA stuff on them. If I recall right we used like 2 or 3 only back 3 years ago

thanks for your help

Gold Member

Post Number: 4366
go to www.lyngsat.com..it lists all the satellites and programs and their encryption...U sure don't know much for a BUD user..I think the ONLY BUD (Big Ugly Dish) that U had was a 6 pack of BUDweiser..U should know all about the various satellites and TRUE FTA channels..

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 4
ok I will go to lyngsat and spend hours and hours studing what birds have FTA...as for not knowing much about a BUD you sound more like you dont to me, when you have a BUD that can move you dont worry about how many birds you are using. a BUD has 1 (ok 2 if you count the c-band and KU band) lnb. I was trying to ask for some help, simple questions, to save me from spending hours on lynsat and other sites to find out what current FTA users will know .
I was not rude to you

and I dont drink BUD

Gold Member

Post Number: 4369
Most people use FTA to hack into Dishnetwork (DN), which are the 61.5, 110, 119, 121, 148 satellites...the 110-119 being the most popular which when hacked will bring in about 800 channels on average..the Canadians have and like Bell Express Vu (Bev) on satelites 82 and 91W, but IMO it doesn't compare to DN at all....all use circular LNb's with a 18 inch dish,...U will have no problem using 2 LNB's on that dish (tied together) and receiving the 110-119..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4370
BTW...all satellites have FTA!...free to air "in the clear" free channels...some satellites have more than others..and my mistake...the 121 uses a linear LNB..

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 5
ok so the best receiver is? i see you posted earler
"best receiver is probably the viewsat or coo*lsat, IMO..." your thought kinda faded out......?

and thanks for your time

Shawnee, OK USA

Post Number: 6
OK so what is everone here's fav receiver? and why?

Silver Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 516
Jay: Currently you can't go wrong with any recevier because they are all working with the June BIN. SonicView SV 1000 with a 19th august BIN is a very good buy because it will give you 7 days EPG.
As to Dishes - a Superdish with twin LNB for 110W and 119W is a good buy. If you use DP34 switch you will need to make sure you give the switch separate power. You will need to add a separate dish for 148W. You can have superdish plus with DP44 and get all three satellites.
I have based these statement on the basis of you setting up a new system in a new home.
I have seen some FTA dealers promoting a 32-36" dish with 4 LNBs. You would get this if you are a true FTA fan for really free TV channels that do not go off because DN or BEV says "OFF"! If you want to look into this (C Band area), Northman had thread here with some interesting info.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us