Fortec star liftime ultra help!!

Bronze Member
Username: Fastbeatz

Post Number: 15
please hlep me and tell me how to make my fortec work plz!!! i need help....how do i get it to work?????thanx

Silver Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 198
You need to explain more buddy..so anyone can help u here

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
ok mc sunny....i accidently erased the settings and now i need to blind sacn right???? and wher do i put in the new keys??

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 280
That all depends on what bin you are using. If you are using bin 277t then you'll need to manually imput keys and then do a bling scan.

Silver Member
Username: Mc_sunny

Post Number: 202
How to change the NAGRA2 Key codes
(for Fortec Lifetime Ultra only)

1- Press Menu button on your remote control

2- Press right arrow key 2 times Channel Edit

3- Press down arrow key button 2 times, press OK (Code) enter 1010

4- Press the down arrow key to Set Default Key, click OK

5- Press the up arrow key to Nagravision click OK

6- On your top left you should see Nagravision-1...if not, then you've got the wrong BIN version.

7- Press right arrow key until you see Dish Network on top

8- Press the down arrow key once to Key Number

9- Press right arrow key 2 times the from Key Number 00 - 01 - 00

( Now take notice that on your top left you should see Nagravision-2 now )

10- Then press DOWN button key to change the keys manually on Key Number 00

11- Enter new Keycode, do the same procedure to enter the the keys on Key Number 01

Note:
Satellite Providers changes the stream key codes unpredictably,

(Note: remote control key letters equivalent)
A = Sat, B = i, C = Tv/Radio, D = Pause, E = Audio (speaker), F = EPG

12- Check and make sure that you got all the keys....Press OK to store (save)

13- Press EXIT key 3 times to exit to the channels.

Note:
If you accidentally lock the KEYCODE (OFF) use this default password 1668

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
thanks!!! if anyone had anymore tips for me please let me know thanx 4 the help

Silver Member
Username: Oleg1474

New port richey, Fl Usa

Post Number: 203
WWW.FTA4DUMMIES.COM
WWW.FTAPALACE.COM

Silver Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 282
I have to correct my earlier post. I said put keys in and then do blind scan. You can't put keys in unless you have channel data. So if you have reset factory settings in your receiver, you'll need to scan first and then enter keys.

Username: Wheels1960

Post Number: 3
Does anyone have the correct new keys to the fortec star lifetime ultra , or tell me where i can find them?
Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4360
They are in braille in every other thread here!

Username: Aman25

Mississauga, Ontario

Post Number: 6
hi someone help... for some reasion im only getin ZEECinema nd i;v tried the new keys and still dosent work

Bronze Member
Username: Rukie

Missi, On Canada

Post Number: 12
Where can I get bin 278T for pansat clone?

Bronze Member
Username: Lroy

Post Number: 53
DSS CENTRAL,COM

Username: Gag953

Post Number: 4
Thank you all very much. I finaly have tv again.

Bronze Member
Username: Dghumman

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 48
hello guys can someone tell me exact process to download files for lifetime classic frm dnupman software please tell me the process so that i dont toast my receiver

Bronze Member
Username: Penu

Toronto, Ont Canada

Post Number: 25
plz help me to receiver sept 19 3:30 plz some one help me thx u!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Djsmith

Canada

Post Number: 350
Dish Setup / Aiming and How to Download Channels

These instructions apply to all Multi-Star, Fortec Lifetime Ultra receivers using PANSAT compatible software.

Elliptical Dish Instructions

THE LNBS SHOULD BE POSITIONED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BRACKET THAT HOLDS THEM. THESE POSITIONS ARE NOT MARKED. THE LNBS SHOULD BE TOUCHING IN THE MIDDLE, LEAVING A GAP ON THE OUTSIDE EDGE OF THE PLASTIC ADAPTOR ON BOTH SIDES ABOUT 1 INCH.
YOUR MAST (pole) MUST BE 100% VERTICAL and PLUM in order to successfully locate BOTH satellites on 1 DISH.
When standing behind the dish, the 119 Satellite is on the LEFT LNB, 110 satellite is on the RIGHT LNB.

Elliptical Dishes: set the SKEW to 67 degrees (Elliptical Dish); Please set your elevation to 32 degrees.
(The marker is the edge of the inside bracket, painted red or silver, not the BOLT.)

DISH 500 ROUND dish: set the SKEW to 112 degrees. Please set your elevation to 32 degrees.

Connect the white wire to 110 LNB. Connect the black wire to 119. You will need a small connector to connect these wires to the long wire that goes to your FTA receiver. (this connector is not provided)

If this is a brand new receiver, or you have deleted all of your channels, you will be forced into the Menu. Select ENGLISH and press OK. Otherwise, Press MENU to begin your setup. Press OK on INSTALLATION / DISH SETUP, then Press OK on ANTENNA SETUP. Select EchoStar 6,8 (sometimes called Echo 8.10/ku or Echo 110 or similar name) Press OK.
The satellite should now have a little checkmark beside it and the name of the selected satellite will appear in black on the left side of the screen. The orange cursor will now be visible on the right hand portion of the setup screen. You should see two bars near the bottom of the screen. The LEVEL indicator is on the TOP and the QUALITY indicator is on the BOTTOM. For our purposes, we are watching the QUALITY only, for the best signal possible. (above 60). You are now ready to rotate your dish and achieve the best signal possible on the Quality bar.

Start by sweeping the dish from the SOUTH of the sky towards the WEST, until you find a signal. (Watch the QUALITY BAR on your TV SCREEN) Once found, try to make small, subtle adjustments to your dish to improve the signal as much as possible. Fine tune the satellite by making very small adjustments to ALL THREE VARIABLES (Azimuth, Elevation and SKEW) You may wish to tighten your bolts at your best signal strength. Now, let's check what satellite signal we actually are receiving by DOWNLOADING the active channels from the satellite service. We will now download your channels from the satellite.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD CHANNELS FROM A SATELLITE

VERY IMPORTANT SETUP INFORMATION

We will downloaded each satellite individually to try to reduce the complexity of this setup. It is very important that you understand you DO NOT NEED TO DISCONNECT THE WIRES FROM THE SWITCH AND DOWNLOAD EACH SATELLITE individually ever again. (Unless we are helping you trouble-shoot your installation) You must set your DISECQ switch settings correctly FIRST, from now on, if you wish to re-download channels. Echo 8,10 uses DISECQ switch # 1. Echo 7 uses DISECQ switch #4.This will not change unless you physically change the wiring on the switch, which you should not do.

** If you have previously aimed your dish, and are now redownloading channels only, please set your DISECQ FIRST **

NEW CUSTOMERS: -> You are already in the ANTENNA SETUP MENU. Select the EchoStar 8,10(110) on the menu by pressing [OK]. On the right side of the screen your settings should be as follows (without using the DISECQ switch)

LNB TYPE: Standard

LNB Frequency : 11250

22 Khz: OFF

DiSeCq: OFF <- set to # 1 when instructed to do so.

SKEW: -45 <--- ignore this setting

TP: [ 1 ] 12223 v 20.000

Positioner Settings: Disabled

Satellite Scan: ALL

Now Press OK to begin scanning for channels.

This will go to a new menu, showing TV channels on the left, and RADIO on the right. It is now downloading all active channels to your receiver. We are verifying that you have the correct signal expect to see PCLAS, PELIC channels appear quickly. If not, cancel by pressing EXIT. If the download is correct, allow it to finish. Press exit to return to a full-screen tv channel (not a preview window).

You must now power off your receiver (flip black switch on back of receiver to do this or unplug power) before disconnecting the 110 LNB and reconnecting the wire to the 119 LNB. Not powering off your receiver could cause a spark/short circuit and this will void your warranty and could KILL your receiver. Now that you have connected the 119, continue as below:

Now Go back into the ANTENNA SETUP MENU by Press MENU to begin your setup. Press OK on INSTALLATION / DISH SETUP, then Press OK on ANTENNA SETUP. Select the Echostar 7 (119) on the menu by pressing OK. On the right side of the screen your settings should be as follows (without using the DISECQ switch)

LNB TYPE: Standard

LNB Frequency : 11250

22 Khz: OFF

DiSeCq: OFF <- set to # 4 when instructed to do so.

SKEW: -45 <--- ignore this setting

TP: [ 2 ] 12239 <---- This must be set to find this satellite signal

Positioner Settings: Disabled

Satellite Scan: ALL

Now Press OK to begin scanning for channels.

This should go to a new menu, showing TV channels on the left, and RADIO on the right. It is now downloading all active channels to your receiver. To verify you have the correct signal, channels BET, BRAVO and ANIMAL should appear in a minute or two. If not, cancel by pressing Exit. Once the download has completed successfully, power off the receiver.

Now you must connect the DISECQ switch provided. The Echo 8,10(white) wire connects to port #1, the Echo 7 (black wire) connects to port #4. The Long wire from your receiver connects to the port labelled RCV.

*** You MUST go back into the antenna setup as described above and change the Disecq setting for each satellite from OFF to the appropriate number ( 1 for 110, 4 for 119 ). Press exit on the remote and press OK to allow the receiver to save the changes when you leave each satellites setup screen. ***

You are now complete the aiming portion of these instructions. You may also wish to SORT your channels according to your preferences. Valid choices are ALPHABETICAL, DISH NETWORK pre-defined order, Transponder order ...)

To sort channels in DISHNETWORK order (recommended)

Press SAT
Select ECHOSTAR Package (also called DISH PACKAGE)
Press OK
Select any channel from the list;
Press OK. (this confirms your selection)

Your channels will now appear in the GUIDE/EPG or CHANNEL list in DISHNETWORK order. (ie. PPV channels are 500's)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us