Sony plasma problem???????????

Username: Joey28

Post Number: 2
I have a sony pfm-42v1 and has a 1 inch black bar up and down about 10 inches from the left. Can you let me know if have heard of this or if it is a screen or hardware issue.

Bronze Member
Username: Park8817

Richmodn Hill/Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 16
That is a driver IC issue on the panel.
you have to replace the driver IC of the black bar in your service centre.

Username: Tharvill

Post Number: 1
I have the same problem.

How do you go about replacing the drive IC on the unit? Where can you obtain a replacement drive IC?

Thanks in advance for you assistance!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Park8817

Richmodn Hill/Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 18
you have perfect black bar in your TV screen vertically or horizontally, there are two kind of problem.

Firstly, Driver IC Damage, in this case nothing to do by yourself, because it is very hard to do tab bonding and rework. Go to service centre.

Secondly, some signals in the Tab bonding were off, Signal doesn't connect to Driver IC from Driver Driving Board. So you can go any LCD Expert electronics repair shop and check it with small money .

Good Luck

Username: Paulmag

Stuart, FL

Post Number: 1
Sounds like my problem. Veritcal black bar (about 1 1/2 inch) which started out as a white bar with a thin red line down the middle. On KE42SX910 aboout 12 inches from the left. Repair guys are saying panel shot, about $2k to fix. Any thoughts?

Username: Rysa3

Post Number: 10
I thin that that is a bit expensive, considering new plasmas cost about a grand at 42 inches.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us