Need help to get Bev in Toronto

Bronze Member
Username: Nestea

Post Number: 37
Please tell me how i can get bev in Toronto. I have tried lyngsat but no luck. I have my satelite on my balcony and facing south west. I am getting DN ok but not bev. Toronto people please tell me how you set up your dish to get bev. Like Elevation and tilt position. Thanks for your help.

Username: Lol

Post Number: 2
easy way is to get second dish for 91 Bev

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 544
Greg, what problems are you having? We need details. Are you re-aiming your dish? Did you go into antenna setup in your receiver and add in the Nimiq satellites? Did you put in the keys for Bev, or, have a bin that autorolls?

Bronze Member
Username: Ouchi_collashi

Post Number: 39
How could you have problems? If you live in toronto a blind man could likely set up the dish. Signal strength is at a maximum.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Yes i am trying to aim my eleptical dish to bev on nimiq 1 or 2, which is already programmed in my receiver. I have the 277 bin with autoroll. Every position i aim the satellite i get DN. I just want to find out where to aim the satellite, so that i can get bev on nimig 1 or 2.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
I have 94% signal. If i scan nimiq 1 or 2 i get DN. I don't know if is the lnbs or something.

Silver Member
Username: Sakapfet

Post Number: 151
for bev you have to push up your dish a little bit somthing like 50 degree and you'll get bev

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 545
First off, strength and quality are two separate measurements. Your dish will always get a good strength reading, unless it can't see the sky. If you go into your antenna setup and select, say, Nimiq 1 sat, you will have to re-aim your dish until your quality goes to about 90%. It sounds like your aim is off. Bev is a little more to the East than DN.

Bronze Member
Username: Bobby29134

Post Number: 57
I had a tough time picking up nimiq 1&2 before.. under my sat settings I had nimiq 1&2 selected but keept getting echostar.. echostar has a stronger signal then bev's sats.. keep trying.. all I can say is its not as easy.. thats why some use bev rec. to make sure they pickup the right birds and then connect their fta...

it was weird with my old dtv small 18# dish I could pickup nimiq instantly.. could be with bigger dishes/dif lnbs?.. not sure..

Username: Charly_mccarthy

Post Number: 4
http://www.kusat.com/install/calculator2.php

This is the best little calculator out there.Just check your location and your sat type etc and it will give you everything.

Username: Charly_mccarthy

Post Number: 5
Greg I highly reccomend saving this calculator for future use.

You told us you have dn,we have no idea if you mean 119,110 or both.

If you need any help reading the calculator post back.Need to know what type of dish etc you have.

BTW whats wrong with dish??? its better than bev.

Bronze Member
Username: Bobby29134

Post Number: 59
he prob wants it for locals like most do..

Silver Member
Username: Oleg1474

New port richey, Fl Usa

Post Number: 200
WWW.FTA4DUMMIES.COM
WWW.FTAPALACE.COM
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us