Vs or Pansat with existing service

Bronze Member
Username: Tightshoes

Post Number: 20
a different question. Me neighbor likes my new viewsat ( I also have pansat). He is a current D*** subscriber. His set up is new to me as he has 2 tv's with boxes and 2 tv's with just antennas that get di** and use different remotes. Where would the best place be for him to hook up a Vs or pansat? Will that effect the other tv that uses an antenna? Lastly, can he just scan sats using his existing dual lnb as he has it, or should he by pass it, scan one sat at a time, then rehook up. He wants the 110 and 119 and wants to use his existing dish.
Any help would be appreciated.

Username: Aamir007

Fort Lauderdale, FL USA

Post Number: 7
Dirk,

How can I program the auto roll or change keys in the Pansat 2700?

Aamir

Silver Member
Username: Totaldikguy

Post Number: 166
2 tv's with boxes and 2 tv's with just antennas that get di**

-do you mean 2 dual tuners which makes it 4 total (TV's)?
-What R the receiver models?
Your statements R not clear...

Silver Member
Username: Smarcus76

Post Number: 220
hook up the box and scan the satelites and you will be all set, (been there done that)

Username: Aamir007

Fort Lauderdale, FL USA

Post Number: 8
guys,

How can I enable autoroll in Pansat 2700?

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4317
Dirt...neighbor must use Viewsats if he wants to keep and use his present outside hardware with Dishnet sub..DN technicians all use different methos and switches and LNB's when installing (there is no 1 set standard configuration for them)...he will have to go on roof and look around and probably need a new muliswitch and some cable wiring, if not to interfere with DN receivers..hopefully DN installers did NOT use Dish Pro Plus LNB's etc cause then things get much more complicated...its always best to do a scan with cable direct from LNB to receiver, then later connect to switch..AND NEVER disconnect cable or switches when power ON to the receiver, or U will blow the switches and/ or LNB's..

Bronze Member
Username: Panochalover

Post Number: 16
Thats what im asking. How the heck do i use my one dish 500 with one pansat and one viewsat in two separate rooms> please help LK

Gold Member

Post Number: 4341
Need specifics of what U presently have...type and how many LNB's and same with switches...anmd do U subscribe to DN and which DN receiver..

IF U have nothing now (no FTA or Dishnet sub) and U just want 2 FTA receivers and the 110 and 119 satellites, a pansat and viewsat, then this is SIMPLE..Buy a Dish Pro TWIN LNB (has 2 outputs for 2 receivers) mount and align on the dish and run a cable to each receiver..

BTW ...dish 500 dishes come with different type and style LNB's...so people use that terminolgy WAY to loosely , like its suppose to mean something...there are Dish 500 TWINs and other dish 500's..

Bronze Member
Username: Nfl

Post Number: 22
a DISH pro twin LNB has 2 outputs, and other with 4 outputs, just connect each cable directly to the lnb. It doesn't matter if you got 2 different boxes, viewsat or pansat, as long as the bin file is installed correctly for each box.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4353
nfl...why do U go around and copy what other people post...are U trying to impress people or get your post count up higher..its annoying, and U have been called out about it once already!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us