Pansat 3500SD - No Signal

Bronze Member
Username: Dish_newb

Post Number: 11
LK, not sure if you are still here. But you have helped a number of times in the past and I hope you will once again

I turned on my Pansat after a few weeks and it says no signal. I have:

a. re-flashed my old bin (352eu) from June 9
b. checked my connections
c. powered off the back switch and restarted
d. rescanned channels

But none of these have seemed to help. Any help in resolving the 'no signal' issue from LK or others will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Dish_newb

Gold Member
Username: Evadelparaiso

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 2131
Try this. Take the cable from your dish to your receiver without any switch. Check again the back, in many ocasion the cable was in the wrong place. Check your dish, maybe do you need move.
Lucky

Bronze Member
Username: Mrrasec

Post Number: 37
change keys

Silver Member
Username: Totaldikguy

Post Number: 143
352 and 353 are both working. I tried it.
BUT it has the wrong key code.
You need to enter it manually to get picture.

Gold Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 2154
Inclusive with the wrong keys you do not are supposed to dont have quality. Quality is hardware issue, or connection issue, dish issue, or scanning wrong TP.

Gold Member

Puerto Rico

Post Number: 2156
Compare Signal Strength and Quality
Zero Strength and Zero Quality:

If this is the symptom you are experiencing, then the receiver is currently not receiving the signal from the dish. Check all connections between your receiver and the dish. Make sure that they are all plugged in to the proper place and are tight.

One of the most common connection problems is to have the cable coming from the dish plugged in to the connection marked "In from Antenna," which is incorrect. The cable coming from the dish needs to be plugged in to the connection marked "In from Dish, Digital In, or LNB IN"

Also, the cables might have developed a short or might have gotten moisture in them, especially out at the dish. If this is a possibility, you may want to have an installer check the cables or take them to an installer yourself.

0-30 Strength and Zero Quality:
If you are experiencing these levels of strength and quality, you are getting only noise signals. Make sure that there are no obstacles between the dish and satellite.

40-60 Strength and Zero Quality:
With this level of strength and a lack of quality, it is very likely that the dish has moved since its initial installation or you are still off alignment. We recommend going through the Dish Installation pointing steps and finding the satellite signal again. This will likely take just a few minor adjustments of the dish since it should not have moved very much. Key causes for this problem include bolts not being tightened properly, heavy winds, or the dish being struck or bumped by something. Once the signal has been found again, make certain all bolts are tightened well.

We also recommend that once you have everything tightened down and have your signal back, make a mark from the cap mount to the pole with paint or some other permanent substance. This will give you a reference point, should any future problems occur. You can also make a mark on the side of the cap mount where your elevation markings are imprinted.

40-60 Strength and 30-70 Quality:
This level of strength and quality indicates that the dish needs to be fine-tuned to the satellite. You may have noticed that prior to getting the "Bad or No Signal" message your picture was occasionally blotchy and your audio may have been out of sync with the picture. These are all symptoms of the need to fine-tune the dish. Optimum signal quality is between 70 and 100.

TIP: You can fine-tune your dish by going back to the signal strength screen. While the signal bar is running, have someone out at the dish. He will need to loosen the collar that holds the LNB. This is done by slightly loosening the two screws that hold the collar together. Once these screws are loose, slowly twist the LNB a fraction of an inch. After each movement allow 5 seconds for the receiver to register the change and update your quality reading. If the quality readings immediately begin to get lower while the adjustments are being made, then the LNB needs to be turned in the other direction. Once the LNB fine tuning is complete, tighten the two screws on the LNB collar. You may then complete the scan by pressing START.
Posted by LK

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Thanks a bunch Eva for this detailed reply. I'll check them out tonight. I really appreciate yr help.

Aashish

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
I switched the wires on the Disecq switch from 1 & 3 to 2 & 4 and that worked. Wierd... but it works now.

Thanks for all your help - Eva, TDG and Savoy.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4294
Most likely all U had to do was change the Installation antenna LNB and port settings in your receiver....these change sometimes when U upload a bin, and should always be rechecked after an upload!..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us