VS on its way, where do I start??

Bronze Member
Username: Tightshoes

Post Number: 16
I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow, the Platinum. I gave up on Pansat, but thats all I knew. Where do I look for the CORRECT files? I need step by step directions. I do look, but find bits and pieces, anyplace have A-Z intructions? Thanks.

Yes Oleg, I am aware of your miracle pansat bin file, but I am not as fortunate as you and your site. I also can not see through walls and walk on water like your pansat bin.

Username: Dishnut995

Post Number: 9
Also, I want to know...1) if my same 2700a's rs232 cable would still used with the Viewsats? If not, what cable do we need to program the viewsats? 2) what loader do we use? and 3) which bin?
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Iduknow

Post Number: 76
Every1 is going down this weekend, football season is coming up, the TPs movement is just Dave getting ready for the final hit.
Consider yourself warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Ynkr77

Post Number: 37
Sure buddy I am watching Free tv right now and when the season kickoffs, I am going to watch any game that I want. I am a Sonicview watcher and I gave up on my coolst. We shall see if a new ECM is coming this Sunday.

Bronze Member
Username: Mortimer_snurd

Post Number: 66
DIRK THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED,MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST FILES,BUT THIS IS WHAT I USED.YOU BASICALLY NEED 3 THINGS...THE LOADER 2,THE MAIN FILE AND THE SAT INFO FILE.YOU ONLY NEED TO LOAD 2 FILES DSSTESTER*COM IS GOOD

Rep Points: 2247
VIEWSAT For Dummies Everything You Need Right Here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REVISED August 14, 2006
Use DBPSW_060812AS NOTE: Autoroll does NOT yet work

Most of the information provide here is not my work, but was gathered from this and other DSS sites, my thanks go out to all of those who have provide the help.

Lets Do It:

Things you need.
1.ViewSat2000
2.Computer
3.Null Modem Cable
4.Tv
5.Installed Dish with Switch (DiSEqC)
Configuration.
Sat 119=Echostar7 on Port 1. Sat 110=Echostar 6,8 on Port 2

NOTE: You do not need the DiSEqC switch installed if your using DP LNB.
You can run direct from the LNB to the receiver- viewsat can handle the switching, but a few setting will be different-- If I get time I will find them and post here.

6.Apt-Get ViewSat-All-In-1.zip Newer file links are posted below, so use them for getting the more current files.
THIS file is posted Here:
http://forums.dsstester/show...750#post217750
Everything is current (Use links below) as of this posting, no other files will be needed they are all in this zip. Now see, I save you a couple of hours of looking --- Right???

7.A little bit of Think for yourself skill.(Most important)

1.Find your Null Modem cable, and connect it to your Viewsat, and the Com1 Port on your computer.(May require Reboot)
* Leave the ViewSat Unplugged.

2.Unzip Apt-Get's ViewSat-All-In-1.zip and save the files to your computer
*(ie. My Documents/Viewsat)

3.Open the program "Loader2"
4.Click "Open Files"
5.Go to the directory where you saved the files and elect "V.1069PGM"
*(This file name will Change with new versions. Just make sure its the .PGM file)

6.Repeat these steps for the "satinfo.sat". file
7.You will notice that you have the 2 files populated in the Loader2 program.
8.Click Pc->STB then Plug In your Viewsat power.
(You should see the Files loading properly)
9.Once it is completed, The program will say its done. Now wait for the Viewsat to say "End" on the front display.

NOTE: If you encounter an error while writing , just do them one at a time instead of both at once-- I had to with mine. Unplug each time as noted above. Be sure and wait for "END" on each file.

10.Power off your Viewsat.
11.Hit the "clear" button in the loader2 program, and it will remove the files from the list.
12.Connect your ViewSat to your TV, and Enjoy.
13.Read Your User Manual.

** If you still get no picture, Check your port settings for the switch, and make sure your using the current version of the files.

***Once you have done this, you will only need to load a new .PGM when evernts require one.

Here are some newer links for the new bins and other files you need.

Loader:

http://forums.dsstester/vbb/showthread.php?t=41717

Get the Viewsat PGM (Bin File)here
http://forums.dsstester/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=116

Newest Sat info file:
http://forums.dsstester/vbb/showthread.php?t=46520

IMPORTANT

NEVER, EVER LOAD A CHANNEL LIST FILE (.CHA) ON YOUR VIEWSAT. DON'T DO IT. I CAN'T MAKE THIS ANY MORE CLEAR.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Hondo : 08-13-2006 at 11:38 PM.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
Dirk I highly reccomend this for ya.I used this and read all up on it,had my files and everything ready to go.When my VS plat arrived I was up in 10 minutes.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
BTW the autoroll etc works you just have to get the latest bin.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Last word Dirk...the links dont work because I had to remove the dot com (.com) from the thread to post it here.Im sure you can figure out dsstester.c*m

Username: Gigolo72

Post Number: 6
Hi to all, i just got my viewsat today, don't know where to start but i have read this thread and i have an idea now, but the only thing i have different is that i a also need to load the third satellite the sat61 where to get it from ??

Bronze Member
Username: Tightshoes

Post Number: 17
Mortimer, thank you. You are helping me and my pal, from down the block. The box has not arrived yet, it's like a kid waiting for Santa.

Bronze Member
Username: Kirby904

Jacksonville, Florida United States

Post Number: 34
Well, my Xtreme just came in. All i needed was 3 things:
1) Loader2 from TotalFTA Files Section
2) Satellite Info from same place
3) The latest bin, from dsstester.c*m

The RS-232 cable came with the reciever.

Assuming you have satellites 119 and 110 set up, and all of your wires set up perfectly, all you do is:

1. Unzip the stuff into a folder.
2. Start up Loader2.exe
3. Open the Bin and the Satellite info on loader2
4. Connect the RS-232 cable to your reciever
5. Turn on your receiver, and as soon as you click that switch, press PC -> STB on loader2.
6. Wait until they finish loading, and do not take off the cable when it is done, because the reciever takes a couple to process the information, then it will reboot by itself.
7. Take off the cable, connect your coax cable on the back top left of your receiver.
8. Set it up (I dont know how to for a platinum.. because i only have a Xtreme)

Bronze Member
Username: Pukka

Post Number: 25
why is it some posts say to upload .cha files, and some say never load them?

Silver Member
Username: Smarcus76

Post Number: 210
YES and dont forget to be ready for a very very very strong ECM down the road(maybe next thursday)..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us