Conexant Processor - RC224ATLV

Username: Golbole

Post Number: 1
Any thoughts - I've a Motorola DSR401DS receiver, used in past for Star Choice. It has a 160MHz Conexant Processor as mentioned above. Can this reciever be programmed with ViewSat files to recieve FTA ???

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4236
absolutely NOT!

Bronze Member
Username: Neurosis

Post Number: 49
if it has a null modem, be a tester and try it. I personally doubt it, since star choice specifically use motorola receivers to prevent piracy, but thats nice thinking. If you are NOT using it for sub...I say try it, keep in mind receivers are 99 bucks from star choice, but I bet you will just end up getting errors when trying to load the file. If you manage to load the file, I'd be surprised if it works ever again, but you never know. I'd be interested in hearing what happens.

great first post

Username: Golbole

Post Number: 2
Thanks and no it doesn't have a null modem connector. I know we can do this in some of the fta recievers with conexant processor. Now how about if I take this Motorola Processor out and put it in my Pantec Ultra ( in place of the original STI processor); Will Pantec Mother Board support this?

Silver Member
Username: Herb_toker

POTTSVILLE, GRASSLANDS GREEN--LAND

Post Number: 198
Will your car run if you fill the tank with pancake syrup?Try that first and if it works then switch processors.

Silver Member
Username: Etorres4u

Post Number: 136
There are a couple of threads in some forums on how to convert certain recievers so that they use viewsat bins. I dont know if starchoice is one of them. You can try and do a conversion, the worst that could happen is that it wont work and you have to undo the soldering and probably have to reflash the eprom via JTAG.

Silver Member
Username: Herb_toker

POTTSVILLE, GRASSLANDS GREEN--LAND

Post Number: 200
Your asking this ? and think you can remove that chip from your board and then retrofit it to the ps?I guess if you bend the pins just right. HEY! Check fleabay see if they some kind of SLOCKET for the chip.Try your AMD CPU or that old P2 500mhz.If the 500 works youll be set for ever.

Silver Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 396
It is obvious Jas has a receiver, he cannot use. If he wants to experiment, and just on the off-chance that there is some compatibility somewhere, he deserves to have the following info posted earlier in another thread.

Deano Plenty Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 05:27 am
'you need a hex editor. Open up loader2 in hexedit, go to memory 62,234 and change the value to E20A23. Now loader2 is ready for a flu shot. Load latest VS bin into your Flu, watch TV.

If doesnt work for you, try E20A24 if you are using a clone.'

62,234 decimal is F31A hex.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us