Viewsat: How high will the price go?

Bronze Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 48
I am not a VS owner, bit I was wondering...
Let's say, as an example, VS (and its clones)remain the only cardless FTA up over the next few months.
And let's say there is a ECM or two, and VS releases a fix fast.
What would the ceiling price be for a VS?

I'm thinking $280...

Bronze Member
Username: Wild_willie

Post Number: 66
I'm thinking you are an idiot!

The ceiling price will be how much a chump like yourself is willing to pay for it on ebay

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Assumptions, assumptions, Willie.
Why make a statement about someone who you don't know?

Why on earth would I buy a VS when I have plastic? And as a backup, an online mega-cheap sub that gets me ALL sports PPV (hooked up to my TV)? And a proper legit FTA, incl a mini BUD? And a basic satellite sub? Why on earth would you think you know me, thinking I would buy a VS?

I was simply wondering what other people would think folks would pay if the price kept on rising. Simple question.

It's a discussion board, remember?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
BTW (to anyone reading), the reason that so many folks are frustrated right now is because they really expected FREE TV. When they heard us talking about a hobby, they thought we were crazy.
It's a hobby. So you buy various receivers and use different approaches, from FTA (C-band and KU-band) through to plastic and sharing.

And keep a subscription!

Hedge your bets and you wont be frustrated - and you wont develop a cult like love for one FTA brand.

My only advice: don't spend too much $ on the flavour of the month receiver.

Bronze Member
Username: Budgie

Post Number: 29
can you imagine how high the gas price could be today a few years ago?

Silver Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 176
distributors are greedy... same will happen if pansat has a fix... Ive seen pansat2700a going for a low as 60 bucks... if a fix comes out... guess what? not less than 140 bucks... same thing we just saw happen with the VS boxes

Bronze Member
Username: Gizmo74

Post Number: 30
if viewsat and sonicview is the only fta cardless fix avail for the next 3 to 6 months <just> pricess will get higher if the quanity of viewsat/sonicview ird"s get smaller u better beleive prices will get higher i remember back in h card days some cards were over $350.00 just for a card
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us