Backup plan

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 513
If you're going to participate in this hobby of DSS (or free tv - whatever you're in it for), you should always have a backup.

Every product has its pro's and cons, so you have to choose wisley and it may cost you $$$, but at least you'll have t.v. with minimal (possible) interruption.

For example, I have C00lsat with card reader and my primary, and a DP301 card receiver as a backup. And, if I can find a great deal on a VS, I'll snag one of those just in case!

Point is: always have a backup plan.

Username: Processpitt

Post Number: 4
you are right dude

i got Pansat 3500sd , i m thinking to get a dishnet reciver with a card

Bronze Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 46
I got 3 receivers.
Never put all your eggs in one basket - you'll be a basket case if you do, in times like these.
Sheet - if it wasn't for my wife's nagging, I'd have 3 more!

Username: Processpitt

Post Number: 8
hahahah JRQ u need to spend some time with your wife not with 6 receivers hahahah

Silver Member

Post Number: 514
Also, play the game a bit... If Pansat doesn't have a fix, and you can get one for dirt cheap, then buy it! That'll give you one more option. But don't buy unless you're getting it for a steal. Give someone good advice that if they want tv again then they should buy, say, a VS, and then offer to take their old doorstop off of their hands for a couple of dollars.

Silver Member

Post Number: 515
And if you can get a P4 card less than $5 or for free then grab it. There is no current hack for it now, but who knows the future.

Bronze Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 50
Yeah, that's true Jason - buy when it's NOT popular. And try and use different types of solutions, i.e plastic, FTA, sharing etc. Ther's even ways to modify a 120cm Ku band dish into a mini BUD.

And if you look hard enough, there's some online offerings way better than the HBO crap from Singapore. Like PPV sports!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us