102 or 103

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmeat

Post Number: 54
okay, so if i have this right, FTA recievers have to have a code to decipher the dn, etc, signals while plastic only has to redirect the receiver to the right code "map 57" talked about. so now cs can aux the 102 and 103 next time the ecm changes would there be any difference in time it takes to get them back up... and how much is a good price for 103's, i'm only seeing 102s for sale.

Silver Member
Username: Da_bin_chi_code

Post Number: 232
-"next time the ecm changes would there be any difference in time it takes to get them back up"
- No one has the answer, until it happens. Wether the card in a CS will cause an effect to the card or not, no one knows. Will the card be usable again, if ECM'ed? Still remains a question. Will the AUX file still work, & if not, will CS update their AUX file again, & how long will it take them to get one back up? ONLY CODERS themselves has all the answers to these questions, and until then, It's a WAITING game (for the next ECM). Pull your card out, if you think that there is an ECM on the stream.

-"How much is a good price for 103's, i'm only seeing 102s for sale"?
There is NO AUX file for ROM 103. ROM 102 is for single tuner use. ROM 103 is for (DN) dual tuner use. They have the same MAP, but can not be used as vise versa. Unlocked ROM 102 card are the only ones you can use for CS.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4253
The Bin...U are and have been wrong all week...rom 103 cards work fine and yes there was and still is aux bins for the 103..

dsscommunity. com forums coo*lsat area has the bins..

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 540
ROM103 and ROM102 have the same maprom code.

C00lsat should come back quicker than Viewsat after the next ECM, UNLESS VS HAS ENTIRE MAPROM DECIPHERED (in this case they will come back in roughly the same amount of time).

I've seem ROM103 sell for slightly less than ROM102 cards, but, I haven't seen many ROM103 cards for sale.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us