What CRT HDTV should I get?

Username: Craptastic

Post Number: 1
Well... before I say anything else, I have to say that I'm on a budget, so there's no reason to reccomend something that costs more than I could spend. >_>
The TV I buy really needs to be around $400 (could be a little higher though) or cheaper.

Here are a few that I'm considering (but you could suggest a different tv too):
Samsung TXR2678WH
Philips 30p8402
Philips 30p8420
Toshiba 26hf66
Toshiba 30hf66

I've heard very varied opinions on all of these TVs, so I'm wondering if any of them are worth buying at their price. I've heard that there are some good deals on Sanyos at Walmart too, so if you know anything about those, please tell me. >_> You could really reccomend any HDTV in my price range too. If you have a tv from that list though, or any other cheap CRT HDTV, could you... write a short review... or maybe even take a picture of it? >_>
I was also wondering what kind of difference there is in size between a 4:3 27 inch TV and a 26 inch widescreen TV. I'm assuming that the 26 inch would be smaller in 4:3 than a 27 inch 4:3 tv, but would the difference be significant? And how much larger is a 26 inch TV in widescreen than a 27 inch 4:3 tv is in widescreen?
More important, do all of these TVs have built in HD tuners?
Finally, is it worth it for me to buy an indoor antenna, or will the reception just be terrible? I already have cable, but I do sort of want to get FOX in HD for 24 and MLB. I'm not going to get an outdoor antenna because it isn't really feasible for it to be installed at my house, so an indoor antenna is my only choice.
Btw, I'm sort of leaning towards the Samsung as of now. It's only around $350 and it has pretty good reviews.

Bronze Member
Username: Deano_plenty

Post Number: 17
I'm on a budget too i can't spend more than a hundred grand for my next new car.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us