Problem with Magnavox VCR

Username: Telekenetix

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have a Magnavox VCR (maybe 4 years old at the most) and it suddenly stopped working. It turns on and that is about it. If I change to channel 3 on my TV the VCR doesn't show up. The PWR light is on but beside it, it just says - : - - no matter what I do. The remote works but the only thing I can get it to do is turn on and off and switch VCR/TV. I have cable plugged into the IN and a cable going from OUT to IN on my TV. The cable works if the VCR is on TV mode. If anyone has any idea what is wrong and/or how I can fix it, your help is very much appreciated.

Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3033
Unplug it and plug it back in. If it doesn't work, scrap it. Magnavox=Funai, not worth fixing.

Username: Telekenetix

Post Number: 2
I've unplugged it many times so I dunno. I guess I can toss it, but it really seems like it would work I just have no clue what to do. I think it must be something really simple. If you need more detail on what's going on I can tell you.

Username: Starfirerob

Post Number: 1
I am having a problem with my Philips Magnavox VCR+PLUS #VRA633AT21. When i plug it into the wall outlet the letters "PL" appears then disappears. I try to push play or anything an nothing happens. When i insert a tape into it, it takes the tape inside but it does not play. Sometimes it will eject, sometimes it won't. Could someone please help!?!? Thanks alot.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3089
PL may stand for parental lock, read the manual on how to disable it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us