Mitsubishi Parts Unavailable For Your TV

Username: Tgif1

Post Number: 1
I own a Mitsubishi Projection TV that is approximately 6 years old. While under warrenty one of the CRT tubes leaked gel over one of the signal boards that damaged the TV. This happened again and the authorized TV repairman for Mitsubishi called to tell me Mitsubishi's Parts department said that the damaged signal board is no longer available.

Is there any law protecting consumers on this? A manufacturer should be required to maintain replacement parts for a minimum number of years to give a big ticket TV at least 8 years of use.

Is anyone aware of a web-site selling used Mitsubishi Parts?

I'd appreciating anyone who has had this bulb leaking problem on their signal board. This obviously is a design flaw by not having a protective shield over the signal boards.

I'd also like feedback from anyone told that a replacement part wasn't available and what the age of your TV was.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Username: Alive4u331

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 2
i own a vs4541 1994,having a problem with the video staying on,1-15 min or sometimes hrs it will be good then the screen would go blank and only audio,can any one plz help if its a control module or some thing else i found on this board people with similar problems,i would really appericiate some help.

Username: Webbscc

I have the same problem. I was told it was a bad choke coil part number #351P138O10. I am still tryin g to find this part. Any help on TV junk yards that might have this part would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Koosh5000

Mitsubishi VS-7087--I own a 10 year old 70" rear projection TV. When I turn it on, the picture is squiggly and it takes approx 1 hour for the TV to warm up and then the problem subsides. The technician came out and tested to find the YCS PCB (Part# 9302833003) was defective but said Mitsubishi no longer makes the part and only has to make parts available for 7 years. Any suggestions out there??}

Username: Bushbunch4

MODEL VS60VF1 WITH BAD GREEN DEFL YOKE HELP CAN NOT FIND PART ANYBODY WITH OLD MIT VS60VF1 PARTS?

Bronze Member
Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 19
I've serviced Mitsu's for over 25 years. They had a problem with their yoke going back about 20 years ago. They came out the a replacement yoke about 10 years ago that held up much better. The problem is when they do a production run on parts, they order 20,000 of them from the manufacture. When they run out they have to decide, do they order another 20,000?. Take it from someone who had thousands of dollars tied up in obsolete parts, NO. Parts availability is not based on time, it's base on how long the last production run last vs how many set are still out there in service.

Username: Kevin_from_cali

I have the same issue as Tim with my 80" Mitsubishi, horizontal lines for several hours until it warms up. I had it fixed 2 years ago, but it has just come back. The picture is still great for a 9 year old set but the lines are annoying.

Username: Xxbng915xx

Chicago, IL USA

i have a VS-60603 60inch and i moved in to a new place and my sceen fell off and the control panel chip cracked like a potato chip im having the hardest time trying to find a new one. its beyond repair and cant find a replacement.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us