VS2000 PICTURE PROBLEM

Bronze Member
Username: Shl

Post Number: 30
I can watch tv with most of the channels but i have to do more work. the problem is whenever i tune to different channel, i have blank screen and my quality around 100% and my signal around 92%. what i do to get picture back for the channel i have tuned to is to turn of the power by using the remote and turn it back on. so my question is that IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO FIX THIS PROBLEM? TIA

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 282
turn the power off in the back and turn it back on.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Thanks! I'll try that now 'cause so far I only turn the power of by using the remote but not from the back of the box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
still have the same problem after turning the power off in the back and wait for 5 minutes then turn it back on. Any other suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 24
It's your Dsecq switch I think. When you change channels, does it go blank when the next channel happens to be on another satellite? For example, DN uses 110 & 119. It could be that the switch is getting stuck as it tries to shift between the satellites.
Best way to test? Delete all the channels; then scan in channels FROM ONE SATELLITE ONLY; make sure your switch settings on LNB match the connections on the switch; then try to surf through the channels - if it doesn't jam up and doesn't go blank then it's the switch. You'd need to get a new one to access more than one satellite.

Bronze Member
Username: Tata_on

Post Number: 31
Steve probably you have a clone not the genuine stuff.

Bronze Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 26
Steve, I had the same kind of problem on a different receiver a few months ago. I was at my wits end - until I replaced the switch.

A word of advice: if you do buy another switch, remember that not all switches are compatible with all boxes.

Bronze Member
Username: Muffdiver0311

Post Number: 33
does anyone know what bird i have to use to get the carribean channels?

Username: Dave_kumar

Post Number: 6
need help please . i have a viewsat 2000 palt...
and it dones not pick any sgnal ,it ust say searching for signal , wgy is that ,cant some ine tell me what tto do.

Username: Dave_kumar

Post Number: 7
need help please . i have a viewsat 2000 palt...
and it dones not pick any sgnal ,it just say searching for signal , why is that ,cant someone tell me what tto do.

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Hawaii

Post Number: 466
Need more info dave. Are you trying to scan for channels or do you have a channels list? Check your connections and make sure dish is set right.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
After I replace serveral switches - c00lsat switch, pans@t switch, and views@t switch, i still have the same problem ie no pix when i tune to different channel unless i have to turn the power off and turn it back on.

Bronze Member
Username: Ynkr77

Post Number: 28
You probably have bad LNB's replace it to see if it works you have tried different switches and that is the only thing that I can think of. You probably have a clone or try to reset to factory settings and start from scratch.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Anyone know how to set dp plus and dp pro for 91, 110, and 119?

Bronze Member
Username: Kll

Post Number: 44
my vsat giving me normal pict then frosen puzzled pict and "Searching for signal" then coming back to normal and then again loosing signal. It happens on some channels when I'm switching betw chann even on the same bird or just wathing some chann. This problem just started 2 days ago. Any ideas?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
my vsat giving me normal pict then frosen puzzled pict and "Searching for signal" then coming back to normal and then again loosing signal. It happens on some channels when I'm switching betw chann even on the same bird or just wathing some chann. This problem just started 2 days ago. Any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Muffdiver0311

Post Number: 45
check your keys, if thier correct then do a factory reset and another blind scan

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
keys are correct autoroll working

Silver Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 171
you either have a bad diseqc switch, a bad LNB, the wrong configuration on your sat list where you have no port number for the diseqc, or... you have a bad receiver.

check your diseqc settings... make sure it doesnt say OFF...
you need to tell us what LNBF youre using...
also what DiSEqC switch if any...

Vini

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
Thank you Vini. Config is correct it was working good for a week or more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us