PANSAT processor too slow for current ECM? No fix EVER???

Bronze Member
Username: Kriskros

Post Number: 25
Pansat 3500 CPU & Memory:
Main Processor Sti 5518 BVB, ST20 32bit
CPU Clock 81MHz (100 MIPS)
Flash Memory 2 Mbyte
SDRAM 16 Mbyte
EEPROM 32 Kbit

Viewsat VS2000
160 MHz Conexant processor with 16Mb of SDRAM

I am afraid Pansat boxes are useless. Can anybody confirm/refute the processor capability and advantage? PS versus VS?

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1580
That's what they said from the ECM back in May.
Turned out to be just a rumor.
Can not confirm or deny that that is the case right now as Pansats are still down.
If you believe Blacklist, in his irc ramblings he said 2300's and up will work.

Bronze Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 89
dont concern yourself w/that
enjoy what you (and i)have locals and other stuff
if or when it happens you will know

Silver Member
Username: Birdwatcher

Post Number: 310
min rock likes it in the azz slow though

Bronze Member
Username: Bobby29134

Post Number: 37
I think real dish/bev irds have the same specs, even lower specs...so it wouldnt be true..

Silver Member
Username: Etorres4u

Post Number: 123
Pansat boxes have much more CPU power than the IRD's Dik uses, and they handle all ECM's just fine. It's not a hardware issue, its a software issue.

Bronze Member
Username: Mortimer_snurd

Post Number: 31
This was a lame false thread.As stated all Pansats will be fine if/when a fix comes.You dont have to be a coder to know this.You also dont have to be a coder to know that when a bin comes out it will be on future and nowhere else.

Bronze Member
Username: Ouchi_collashi

Post Number: 33
If the bin emulates the rom 102 then yes most pansats would be useless. They would have to have the full maprom area and risk being sued. Right now mr viewsat is using some makeshift fix where if dish changes any algorithms the current viewsat bin will likely go down. So these are two different things.

Bronze Member
Username: Yo8bps

Post Number: 84
I'm sure that they will be fine , but maybe is time for a change !!! A new design , with a new
fast processor , with option for a CARD reader , with option for internet ( DSL or Cable ) UPDATE
and at least 64 Mb of SDRam ! :-) :-)
The list can go on , but I think no manufacturer
is ready to invest that much money into a SUPER BOX !! I will add a USB connector to that box and try to make it work in REAL time with a pentium PC when we need to get new KEYs directly from the received sat. stream !! :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Yo8bps

Post Number: 85
All those changes are only in the software at this time !!! :-) That means , we still have a chance to find a working solution , but soon will need more processing power and speed !!!

Silver Member
Username: Tadon

Dover, NJ Usa

Post Number: 119
SDRam 16Mb, 32Mb or 64Mb ... is about capacity of
memory . If one can see KEY, still has 16bit data . It is nothing to do with speed .

Supposed due to speed of CPU, I think it is easy
for BL, he will double crytal so it will push up
clock of CPU . For EX. double core 81X2 =160 . But till now, Bl have no solution ! So i don't
think due to speed of CPU .

Bronze Member
Username: Herb_toker

POTTSVILLE, GRASSLANDS GREEN--LAND

Post Number: 98
Purly speculation.DVB cards are only working with CS.Yet running 3 gig processor and 1 gig memory.

5518 cpu 81 mhz./2 mbyte flash rom. The conextant cpu 16o mhz./16 mbyte flash rom.And all the new ones got it.And things work smother than before.

Software is the answer if they can???GUARANTEED.
If you play games you know that the newest system requirements are off the chart.2 gig cpu, 128 megs gpu, xp only,now on dvds instead of 5 cds.64 bit sound card.5 gigs available on HD.And $50.00 a pop.How many people got games they cant play cause there system wont run it.Without it your S.O.L. cant even take it back to the store for other than exchange for same title.
Internet media requires almost the same.

Cough up another $150.?
Sh1t i got 2 grand in three systems to play games.And that much more in games.I spent more on blank cd to to make copys of sh1t thats so obsolete now.

Question is how longs it gonna last it hasnt even been a month yet.There is no rush.Smoke a fat one.

Bronze Member
Username: Ryersonengineer

Post Number: 25
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Jmill1948

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 906
cute........

Silver Member
Username: Etorres4u

Post Number: 124
Cris there are already super boxes out in the market with those exact specs you have in your wish list. They are called Dreambox and Triple Dragon.

Silver Member
Username: Jmill1948

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 912
numbers dont lie.............

Silver Member
Username: Herb_toker

POTTSVILLE, GRASSLANDS GREEN--LAND

Post Number: 103
In one year your dreambox will be as obsolite as your 3 gig p4 duel core 64 bit 1000 gig hd.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us