Adding lnb

Username: Tightshoes

Post Number: 3
I am adding a second lnb. My current one is pointed at 119. To get 110 which side do i put the new lnb on, and is it below of above 119? I Saw great pictures in the past, but all English archives are now deleted. If the new Pansat bin comes out, I will be ready. If not, this will be set for my new VS purchase.

Silver Member
Username: Jmill1948

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 856
below the 119just a few inches

Username: Shady420

Post Number: 2
Good question dirk,
Im also trying to get 119, Im on 110 right now, does anyone know the easiest way to get 119. Im using dish receiver, If I am correct I skew to 127 on the dish then which sat do i search for, 110 or 119 ?

Silver Member
Username: Jmill1948

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 865
if your on 110 just move tha dish upward slightly till you get a signal and you should be at 119 you can put it on chanel 100 its free tv from dknet to adjust

Post Number: 5
Ya ill try, I couldnt seem to find it with FTA,
my neighbor has to lnbs, he said just skew to 127 then bring in 110 or 119 he couldnt remember which and the other comes in atomatically, ever hear ?

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 448
If you are facing your dish from the front, 110 will be on your right and 119 will be on your left with a separation of about 5 in (you might want to buy an lnb holder). For skew, you will rotate the dish slightly clockwise.

Also, an elliptical dish is better than a round dish for capturing the two sats.

Post Number: 6
ya thanks I have a lnb holder. good info, my holder has 4 postions for each sat on it but the positions between 110 119 are not 5 inches apart they are right next to each other...im using an elliptical dish

Silver Member

Post Number: 449
Yes, that could be if you're not using an elliptical. Anyways, the lnb holder and its spacing should be designed for the type of dish it fits. So, it'll work.

Silver Member

Post Number: 450
I was just comparing it to my elliptical "FTA" dish.

Post Number: 7
ya I see what you mean...when I bought that dish and holder it was first when i got into fta, about two years ago...maybe the holder isnt made for that dish....who knows....but i betcha thats maybe why im having so much trouble bringing it in
thanks for your help tho

Bronze Member
Username: Kick_out

Post Number: 27
You need also to consider your location and size of dish.

There are available bracket for two LNB design for 119 and 110, for certain size of dish. but not gauranteed to work in any location.

In the end it is a trial and error installation.

Post Number: 10
ya your right..whatever im doing now isnt working, gonna have to try something else..no choice...im right on the east coast of canada...in bush....not great satelite pointing from here... beaver keep cutting the tree...lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 454
If you can get 110 then 119 should not be a problem. It's just a matter of lnb positioning and dish alignment. Also, you shouldn't need a large dish, unless you are far from the US border. But, like i said, if you have 110 and strenght/quality are good then 119 should also work.

Bronze Member
Username: Lebrimal

Post Number: 68
I give you a tip find 110 first , 119 is a little up .

Bronze Member
Username: Kick_out

Post Number: 28
I give you a tip... find 119... 110 is a little lower.... that is if you are living in the same area as Mario.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 4082
here ya go..

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us