CONFIRMED!!: Viewsat paid $750,000 for the fix!

Bronze Member
Username: Emperorrotm

Post Number: 62
This is a C/P from FTABINS.Net:

Yes thats right folks! Comfirmed by the coder of Pansat (Blacklist) and had been rumored all over the net. It seems this rumor came to be true. Basically for those who don't know the story. This new ECM basically which knocked out all your recievers was caused by a MAP57 code implementation, I am not to sure of how the code is exactly, the only thing I know is that it is advanced, dynamic, and most importantly not hackable by the average coder, kinda like encryption on a credit card....read on...

So basically the guys from Viewsat knew this would be a problem to fix. So what did they do? Thats right, they paid Canadian and European "hackers" if thats what you would call them. They paid for a copy of this MAP57 code. Then using it, they were able to easily release a fix. How much did Viewsat pay you ask? $750,000, thats right, a crap load of money they paid. And why didnt other companies such as Pansat/C00lsat/Neosat/CaptiveWorks purchase the code? Well it was rumored that they couldnt afford it. Also you might be asking, well how is it that SonicView and Buzz came up with a fix? Thats becuase they are directly affiliated to Viewsat and were able to get the MAP57 code to use, Viewsat has not shared the MAP57 with any other companies and dosent intend to either. You might ask, what are Viewsat's intentions for doing this? Its simple, even Blacklist, the main coder for Pansat said in a statement last night on IRC that Viewsat is trying to have a monopoly and basically corner the market.

There were also some rumors talking about how Pansat was going to team up with other recievers to pay for the MAP57 code. This had been confirmed last night by Blacklist to be false, those were his intentions but then decided to work with his group of coders only, I guess becuase he made it clear that he had been f-ed over too many times.

So as it stands there is no current fix for Pansat or mostly any other recievers, but Blacklist said last night that they were trying to fix Pansat for long term, so it would last through any other ECM's bev/dish gave out. He did say less then two weeks for sure, but it could all be BS becuase they always give deadlines that never hold.

Also, that news post we C/p from Al7bar's website was half truth becuase Blacklist did not get MAP57 and he didnt give out 4d, 4e.

Dont Shoot the Messenger Please :-) Just bringing the news.

Bronze Member
Username: Boboshan

Somewhere, Out There

Post Number: 13
Any truth to VS being screwed after the next ecm because the $750K didn't buy all the inside info needed? Just wondering...

Bronze Member
Username: Machedonul

Post Number: 42
good post emp, let's hope it is indeed less than 2 weeks and it will be fixed long term, as they claim...

Bronze Member
Username: Keyisme33

Post Number: 31
but they only bought the first part of the code and they would never pay that much so sry bs all the way. the map 57 code is in 4 parts so we have awhile to gooooo

Bronze Member
Username: Keyisme33

Post Number: 32
forgot to add when dn adds the second part down we go again the 3 and so on by then there 103 cards will be up and here we go again

Bronze Member
Username: Herb_toker

POTTSVILLE, GRASSLANDS GREEN--LAND

Post Number: 40
$750.000 ??
Each unit selling for $129.00 with a profit of like $128.00 on each.6000 units and they break even??

Bronze Member
Username: Mickm

Post Number: 17
big fat: my thinking also, i'd imagine thier profit per unit was about $20.00 after packaging, shipping, dealers mark-up, marketing and manufacturing. 750,000 divided by 20 = 37,500 just to break even. doesn't sound like a screwd business plan to me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Yeah me not so good at math.Your figures look about right.Bet DN wish they could sell that many subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Bobby29134

Post Number: 34
but i also think part of the deal for 750, 000 was for several years worth of inside code information.. the 750,00 wasnt for just this ECM.. it will be for future ones too.. thats what i heard..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
Well then.We all know we can trust what you heard.What else you heard.Like anyone gives a sh1t.

Silver Member
Username: Jurj1

Post Number: 140
This post is BS, give the link to where you found it.

Silver Member
Username: Jurj1

Post Number: 141
They took it down because it was BS...HAHAHAHA

Username: Sn1per

Post Number: 2
750k is kind of hard for a major company like pansat to hide with companies like DN watching their books just waiting for a transaction like this to happen. I give props to VS for keeping secret from uncle sam!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
to wheelers and dealers like VS, it's just chump change, they spend more on pork products in a day.

Silver Member
Username: Xmongra

Post Number: 105
Lets see the next ECM, then we can say that VS was screw!

Username: Gizmo74

Post Number: 8
even if viewsat paid that much , i bet they made half the money back already i saw i guy on ebay he sold like 600 viewsat less the 36 hours thats just one guy selling them vs is supply him with irds and he seelling them like hotcakes
so lets do the math here 159.00 X 600 = 95,400 almost 100,000 just from one seller, its thousands of sellers selling viewsats now on the net

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Ok by your math they only need to sell 4500 units to pay for the files.another 4500 to cover the cost of materials.Another 4500 for the employed.4500 more to cover the cost of the servers.4500 more for shiping packaging so on so forth.22,500 units.Now the dealers get half.So 45,000 units before the manufactures make a dime.Seem like a lot of cash to watch tv.Why dont they just launch there own sats and start a legit service?

Silver Member
Username: Birdwatcher

Post Number: 293
oh now yall are business gurus...idiots

Silver Member
Username: Zagros

Post Number: 105
He works for VS.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
no, i think big fat is a realist, willing to look at the facts and the math, if the math don't fit you must quit.

Bronze Member
Username: Bobby29134

Post Number: 35
"They took it down because it was BS...HAHAHAHA"

wtf u talking about, its still there..

Silver Member
Username: Jmill1948

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 862
thats not a great amount if you have supporters like 1 million differnt members in so many sites paying for support..........
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us