Just bought Sylvania

Username: Elviza

Post Number: 1
Hi- I've been in the middle of moving and without internet for the last couple weeks so was unable to log on and try to get any info/reviews in advance of purchasing a tv yesterday. With Directtv scheduled to show up today, one of our tv's in the shop and the other making haloes around the people onscreen it was time to grab something new. We were going to get the Sony grand wega 50 inch, but when my husband realized that even though it was lcd it was also projection (we aren't the most tech-savvy people, and he much less than me!) he finally allowed me to talk him into just getting a smaller tv for our bedroom and holding off on the purchase of a larger one. I am glad to see this site with all the great info-- enlightening and more confusing (!), but don't seem to see any comments on the tv we bought.

We got the Sylvania lcd 32 inch for $799 at BJ's. So far we are very happy- the picture is fantastic, of course keeping in mind we've been watching a 15-year-old tv that had issues so by comparison this is great. We had also considered the Vizio 37 inch at $999, then at Best Buy there was a Phillips for about $1200, and the Sony Bravia also about $1200-- Bj's also had one that looked really good- can't recall the brand, maybe $100 less than what we bought, but was EDTV, which I'm now reading would have been perfectly fine for us- didn't know that yesterday. anyway, just curious if there is anything I should be majorly concerned about with the Sylvania.

Also, any recommendation for 40-50 inch tv's- I know there are varying threads with that info so let me ask a more specific question-- what are the benefits/detriments to just purchasing a monitor as opposed to a TV, and any thoughts on the Vizio 50 inch monitor?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us