Viewsat question

Username: Schifty

Post Number: 10
when you do a factory reset do you have to reload new bin

Silver Member
Username: Timscarlet

Usa

Post Number: 221
no, it just erases channels, bin is still on it.

if you need the satellite list back again, if you did a channel download, with just a few sats, then install the factory bin, install new bin, then scan.

Username: Jayson

Post Number: 5
I did a factory reset and didn't have to reload the bin....

Bronze Member
Username: Muffdiver0311

Post Number: 29
does anyone know how i can get locals to work on viewsat extreme. i loaded latest bin and everything is working fine except that the channels start at 102 and not channel 2 i am in the nyc area.

Silver Member
Username: Satboy

Ontario

Post Number: 235
I have taken the liberty of writing the following information,in how to program your Viewsat for dummies.I know there are all kinds of tutorials out there , but this is my version of it.
Step by step from factory setting .or
older preprogrammed Viewsats.
with the older preprogrammed Viewsats it is best to do the following
1-Click on menu and scroll to instalation and click OK
2-it will now prompt you for a Pin code enter 0000
3-now scroll down to where it says Factory Default and click OK , do this
a couple times, ones completed , turn your stb off at the rear unplug it,
and bring it to your PC.your stb is now the same as when it came from the
factory , and needs to be re programmed.
Now hook up your NULL MODEM cable to a recognizable port on your pc.
To find out if you are on the right port , click on loader Loader 2 exe.
a screen will pop up , prompting you to run it or cancel it , click on run ,if
the loader opens up you are connected correctly . if a small screen pops up that
says com port failed , you will have to configure your ports until you have the right one
ones done you are ready for the next step.
Now plug your stb into a wall socket , or power source with the switch at the rear
turned off , next plug in your Null Modem cable from you pc into the rear of the Viewsat
You are now ready to tranfer files ,using the loader 2 exe. to your stb.assuming you have the necessary files downloaded and stored on your pc.
Now do the following.
open up your loader 2 exe. ones the loader has opened you will see at the bottom
left corner 2 Radio buttons , one says open files and the one below STB->PC
click on open files.
now a screen pops , where you look for the file or files you wish to install , click
on the envelope or the little arrow and you pc will open up in front of you , now look for
the file , ones found , highlight it , or click on it , and click open, if it is a sofware file
it will show up under main software, Channel info under channel info , etc.
You now notice at the bottom in the middle of the loader another radio button
which says PC->STB.
take your mouse and click on it keeping it indented , do not let go , now turn on the
switch at the rear of the STB and let go of the mouse and your transfer should start
a screen showing the 0% pops up ,ones 100% complete watch the window on your STB
and you will see end - instll- and finally 0000 , after it says 0000 only then can you
unplug and disconnect the unit and you file will be successfully installed.
Next Tutorial I will show you what files to install ,to get your Viewsat up and running
and how to properly scan your birds enjoy. Johny be good

Bronze Member
Username: Kll

Post Number: 37
Muffdiver0311 do you know where to buy viewsat in nyc area

Silver Member

Ontario

Post Number: 236
just go to google and type it in , I am sure something will pop up

Bronze Member
Username: Muffdiver0311

Post Number: 31
ileon i ordered my viewsat from freetoairdish*com good experience from it was 149.99 free delivery and recieved it in 2 days

Bronze Member
Username: Kll

Post Number: 38
thank you

Silver Member

Ontario

Post Number: 237
Now step by step for dummies and not so dummies how to and what files to install
and how to properly scan the birds to be watching bev and charlie.
Using my previouly posted method of getting ready to install files

Install the latest factory factory pgm bin , which can be found on most sites for downloading .

Next install teaches Jan.29 -2pm opskey.hex file ( or later file)

Next to get echostar 6.8 and 7 and nimiq1 install teaches 12-22-05-91+110+119+121
satinfo file.

and very last install the latest working file for your machine , ones you done all this
you are ready to connect your machine to your aligned sat. dish ( I am assuming you have a dish or dishes tuned in to the specific sats in Question)

with your receiver plugged into a power source , but turned off at the rear , hook up your feed to your dish or dishes , your connections to your TV set .

next turn on your TV set and your switch at the rear of your stb and turn your receiver to on.

click on menu ,scroll down or up to installation , click OK , it will prompt you for a
pin code , enter 0000 , go to antenna setup , click OK ,now with your right or left arrow
go to echo star 6.8- 110 now scroll down
under
LNB power on
LNB type standard
LNB frq. 11250
22KHZ off
TP Freq 12224
search option all
Diseqc 1.0 Check what port 110 is on and enter it here level and quality green bars
will show on the right.
motor off
legacy sw. none

do the same with bev , and echo star 7
a quick note echo star 7 under the above freq. 1224 will not show signal strenght or quality set it to 12239 and you should see signal strenght and quality in green
providing you set it to the right port same as nimiq 1.0

every time you set the above for each sat press exit it will prompt you to save the settings , press ok and exit , do this for each sat .
once you have done this succesfully check each sat and make sure they all show
signal strenght and quality . we are now ready to scan the birds, and we are going to do this a little different then normal.
Go to installation , press Ok , enter the pincode , go to antenna setup , lets start with nimiq 1.3 press exit , go to channel scan press Ok scroll down twice , you now see
the hammer in the left bottom highlighted , click OK once , now if you look to your left you see the transponder 12224 highlighted scroll down one and press F3 the little orange button it will make that transponder dissapear , do the same with all other transponders ,but do not touch 12224 once done click OK Viewsat will now scan the bird and will find all the missing transponders with the right channels on it on its own
the results more channels in their right order once done the screen save will pop up press yes and exi exit and watch tv do the same with 6.8 leave 12224 eliminate all other, but not echostar 7 scroll down to eliminate 12224 but not 12239 leave it and eliminate all other then press ok and again it should scan back in all other transponders , now when you go to installation and to echo star 7 you will see under tp
freq. the number 12239 and the green bars on the side enjoy your TV . Johny be good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us