Unable to record digitial channels

Username: Bs72

Post Number: 1
Hi, new to this so go easy on me.

I have a LG 42" SD tv (with the HD inbuilt tuner), hooked up to a Panasonic DMR-ES35V VCR/DVD recorder and I can't seem to be able to record the digital channels. I have it connected using the 3 component cables and 2 audio cables between the units. I have run the antenna coax into the VCR/DVD unit and then back out to the tv.

The tv has (2x component in-YPbPr)(av in)(av out)(rgb in)(digital audio out)(HDMI/DV in).

The VCR/DVD player has (DVD/VHS common out-av)(s-video)(av in with s-video)(component-YPbPr)(digital audio out).

When watching just the tv, I get the basic analogue channels, the same channels in digitial format and also some channels in HD format.

But when I watch the tv through my VCR/DVD recorder, I can only watch the analogue channels, which picture is not as good at the digital.

Please, I am after any information on what I am doing wrong. I want to be able to record the digital channels.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2999
Connect the box to the DVD with s-video or RCAs, and set the recorder on whatever input you used. Is using s-video, you still need RCAs for audio.

Silver Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 164
David is correct, as to the reason why:

All DVD recorders are analog input/output devices, period. They have an NTSC tuner only as well, therefore no tuning to any digital channels.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us