BOYCOTT C**LSAT

Silver Member
Username: Ong_tu

Post Number: 152
BOYCOTT C**LSAT

OK folks.... after reading many threads about the current C**lsat situation I have come to the conclusion that it's time to boycott once again.
I have seen a couple posts form people saying C**lsat doesn't make any money off the card reader sales.. this is WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! They do indeed make money off these sales. Why else would they go out of their way to warn people about buying clone card readers and to only buy genuine C**lsat card readers?
In my humble opinion.. this is clearly BULLS**T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is now obvious that a cardless fix is possible. So why hasn't C**lsat produced one for the owners of C**lsats without card readers?????? The simple answer is $$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!! They wanna rake in as much money as they can form card reader sales as they can before they have to put out a cardless fix.
They are most likely hoping that if they don;t produce a cardless fix soon everyone will just run out and buy a card reader... I say NO!!!!!!
DO NOT GO OUT AND BUY A CARD READER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Screw them greedy f***rs. We already paid our money and now they want more.... sorry.. they knew the game when they got into it.... They know damn well why we bought our C**lsats and they knew/know damn well they owe us the support.
Please people.... wait it out.. boycott C**lsat and do not buy any C**lsat receivers or c**lsat card readers. Boycotts have indeed worked in the past.
Please feel free to copy and paste this to as many different forums as you can. and lets get all the C**lsat owners together on this.

Bronze Member
Username: 1tina_chick

Post Number: 30
Here Here ! I couldn't agree more, GREED, THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL !

Keep up the good work Ong Tu, I know for a fact a cardless fix is

possible.......... The BOYCOTT IS ON !

Bronze Member
Username: Dailce

Post Number: 20
Use the money you would spend on plastic and card reader and get a ViewS*T

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
Come back here and tell me that when it go's down again!

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 403
I'm a C00lsat owner and I agree with you, Ong_tu, up to a point. How do you know that C00lsat isn't working on a cardless fix? The only FTA receiver that has a cardless fix right now is Viewsat and they are the one with the MAPROM dump. So, why is the onus on C00lsat to be next with a cardless fix, say, over Pansat or anyone else?

On the other hand you may be correct. They might not care too much about a cardless fix. I don't know what they're thinking. But you have to give them credit for coming out with a card aux solution - it is the better solution in the long run because it is relisiliency to ECMs.

I had to sell my piece of sh1t Pansat box because they didn't have the forsight to come out with a card aux solution. If I still had my Pansat, I'd have no t.v.!

Anyways, don't be so hard on C00lsat, at least they're not feeding us lies like Pansat. I'm sure they're trying just as hard as the others who don't have the MAPROM dump.

Silver Member
Username: Kato1

Post Number: 110
amen brother jason i have a COOLtec, wich is like the COO#sat, i too await the fix....just got to wait and go to movies in the mean time.....kato1

Bronze Member
Username: Bhund

Post Number: 58
Jason the Sonicview and pantec VE have a fix that just came out today.Hopefully all the other receivers follow.

Bronze Member
Username: Keyisme33

Post Number: 30
cool:sat is working on a cardless fix and it will be released. there waiting to see if its going to go down at next ecm witch is monday. if it does. then there going to see why

Silver Member
Username: Etorres4u

Post Number: 119
Dont be so hard on Co*lsat for the obvious. Yes, they are a buisness and exist only to make money, not for the greater good, so live with it. As of now only Viewsat has a fix, not even Pansat has been able to come out with a fix. Believe me, I want tv just as bad as you guys. I only own Pansats so I am in the same boat as you guys.

I agree with john ranship, I have also read of rumors of an impending ECM, if true then lets see what happens.

Silver Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 161
coolsa1 is not selling much of those card readers anymore... there are 3 receivers out there with a cardless fix.
non-sense. they need to get their cardless fix out to continue selling their box. buying cards for all I know is waste of money and you are making someone else rich!
unfortunately people like to take advantage and a 50 bucks rom card all of the suddent costs 200 bucks... a 19 dollar smart card reader suddenly costs 50 bucks....
there are many brainless rich guys out there and trust me... they wont understand the word boycott.

Silver Member
Username: Etorres4u

Post Number: 120
It's not the brainless that they are preying on so much as the impatient people. People want a fix NOW, and are not willing to wait. People this is called testing for a reason. This was once a hobby where a couple of thousand people had free tv. In those days you needed to have at least some programing knowledge or pay someone who did in order to glitch the cards and open up the tiers for free tv. Since it was so technical there were relitavely few people pirating tv and so the companies didnt pay much attention to them. That changed a few years back, with the coming of FTA. Now anyone with little or no programing skills can program a box and see tv. What was once a problem of a few thousand now involved millions. As you can imagine this now represente hundreds of millions on potential revenue lost, you do the math. So now that dik network has set it's sites on FTA, nothing is a safe bet anymore.

Add to that serious rumors that DTV is way ahead in its plans to buy dik network and the future of FTA is even more bleak. Any time before I would have said that it was impossible for DTV to buy dik, as it would create a huge monopoly, but as our friends the republicans are in control of the executive and congress, thats not a safe bet anymore. DTV has MANY powerful friends in the republican, and some in the democratic parties that would turn a blind eye to the obvious legal implications of having such a monopoly for some campaign $$$.

Anyway I strayed off topic here, my point is that there is no sure bet anymore. FTA was has made some people multi-millionaires virtually overnight and with that came more greed. Some small companies that catered to true FTA entusiasts had maybe 10 employees who built the machines by hand, and sold a couple hundre units a month, such as Pansat, saw their revenues skyrocket and now employ hundreds of employees and now sold hundred os thousands of boxes. New companies, such as viewsat and clones sprung up like mushrooms and started pumping in millions of boxes into the US, with the results we see today.

This has caused some changes to the once marginal pirating community. With all the general pirating community, hackers and free tv'rs (us) focused solely on using FTA boxes to break the nagravision encryption, DTV has gotten a free pass, or so we think. I am pretty sure there is a hack for DTV out there, and I am pretty sure that the FTA makers and coders know about it. But they are all keeping it close to their chests for two reasons. As soon as a DTV hack is widely known, FTA makers will see a substantial portion of their money well dry up, and DTV will is VERY aggresive in their legal prosecution of pirates. On top of that those testers that currently enjoy free DTV will probably end up seeing counter measures that will mean a black screen. It is for these reasons that a DTV hack will NOT be going public anytime soon. So as of now there is Dik network, so enjoy it while you can. In the end, its a buisness, with all the sh*t that comes along with it. Please forgive my rambling but I felt the need to write this so some of you can understand the reality of the situation. This is not about a benevolent hacker community giving us free tv out of the goodness of their hearts, this is all about $$$.

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
Well put!!wirh your permission I would like to copy and paste your post.

Bronze Member
Username: Jrq

Post Number: 13
1st, I am not a Cools@t owner (yet!)

After visting many sites and reading for hours and hours, I think the smart answers seem to point to the fact that a Rom card is safer in a Cools@t compared to being in a DN box. But yes, only time will tell.

IMHO the Cools@t solution is possibly the BEST long-term solution out there, and better than a cardless fix, LONG TERM. Why? Because plastic has been the champion over the last few years and way ahead of FTA in terms of up time. Only risk was the ECMs would get to the card when a blocker would fail. Card is always at risk, and hackers had to have the smarts to unlock cards and fiddle with DN boxes... very complicated.

The Cools@t fix takes away most of the complication of plastic and still offers the likelihood of a long-term solution; cardless fixes might not have much more legs. Cools@t is now better than using a DN box, and it is still a FTA box. Like having plan A & B.

I've done piles of research the past 2 months, and my final (2 cents worth) call is Cools@t being a shade ahead of the traditional plastic because the card is probably safer... They should last longer if and when VS goes down again.

Only negative is that Cools@t's solution is expensive to get set up. If you already had a Cools@t then you are VERY LUCKY.

With the VS fix out, the Cools@t prices are down again so it could be a good time to get one IMO. Well that's my thinking anyways.

GOLDEN RULE: There is no perfect one size fits all solution.

Bronze Member
Username: Budgie

Post Number: 24
my understanding is c00lsat has a quite a team of coders, what i don't understand is why one week passed and they still haven't been able to reverse engineering VS bin file and come up with CS's own.

Also rumor has it that CS has already started mass production of boxes with card reader, seems VS's cardless solution is quite a surprise to them.

Silver Member
Username: Satboy

Ontario

Post Number: 233
Bud Wiser your hunch is right on the money , I said this some weeks ago , most receiver manufacturers were working on a card fix, until VVVVst surprised them all
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us