Copy DVD to DVD and Digital Camera to DVD

Username: Andyindy

Elwood, IN United States

Post Number: 1
I need your advice...

I have a ton of video of my four sons at various ages, and I'm wanting to archive them all on DVD.

Here are my questions:

1. What type of DVD recorder or combo do you recommend?

2. Should I record on DVD-R or DVD-R/W. If I record on R/W, then I can make changes to it until I have it exactly how I want it, and then just record this whole R/W onto a R, correct?

3. When copying straight from a camera, I was thinking of just recording everything on one DVD-R/W, and then transfering those to another DVD, lining up different segments of video on the DVD how I want them. Will this work?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Andy
Indiana

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2982
You'll need either a DVD recorder with a hard drive, or an authoring program if you plan on editing on a PC. You can record on an RW, load it in a PC, edit and make menus, then erase and use it again. That's how I do mine. If you want anything more than just basic menus, you have to use a PC. The Toshiba D-R4 is my personal favorite from the ones I've used. It's last years model, so there probably aren't any left in stores, though you might get lucky and find one. You can get a new one on ebay for around $100, $40-65 for a used one. Or someplace like Overstock may have them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us