Need help to get EPG

Bronze Member
Username: Lokbongtom

Post Number: 16
My viewsat Extreme work fine with Bev but the EPG isn `t working ,anyone have this experience ? Thank

Bronze Member
Username: Nikp

Post Number: 19
Nope, were all waiting for our pansat bin and since viewsat refused to help pansat we refuse to help you. That is untill we get a functional bin.

Silver Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 297
EPG was on Echo 8.1 (110W). It got moved to 119 W about 10-12 days ago.

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 384
DN EPGs work much better than Bev EPGs. I find that my Bev EPG appears only if I've been at a Bev channel for a couple of minutes. It may also help to flip between Bev channels. But it is quirky.

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
Nalin, sat 110/119 is for DN, not Bev.

Silver Member

Post Number: 298
Considering that BEV and DN are very close in their actions including the distance between 110-119 (Echo 8.1/7)and 82-91 (Nimiq 2/1) and use similar twin LNB's etc. it is conceivable that BEV has move EPG from one satellite to another. Actually I did not read the word BEV in the original post and am trying to wriggle honourably out of a predicament! We you allow me?

Silver Member

Post Number: 299
Jason: Your findings in your first post here. When DN EPG was on 110 a couple of weeks ago, I was getting a full 8-10 hours of EPG list on 110. Now on 110, I get only next 1-2 hours and it takes about a minute to get it. Also the scan EPG which came on everytime I turned the receiver on10 days ago, is now haphazard - sometimes it asks me to scan, and sometimes it goes directly to the channel. It is completely random.
Coming back to the main topic, what I theorised a few minutes ago, might be true - that BEV might have moved the EPG from one sat to another. If LBT has a twin LNB and is scanning both the NIMIQs, it would not hurt to rescan.
By the way, I saw the info on EPG as it applies to DN on one of the reputable DSS sites, where there is a full thread on this subject for DN. I do not have time tonight to see if there is a similar thread for BEV.
Will you now forgive me for the original mistake?

Silver Member

Post Number: 390
Hey, we're only human, Nalin (although I'm suspecting that Tyler is a cyborg. The guy is always so pleasant. Just kidding Tyler!).

Let me know what that thread says, Nalin, because I know how DN EPG works but I suspect Bev works in a slighly different way. Thanx!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us