Sony RDR 725 - help with remote control

Username: Richard_ilam

London, London UK

Post Number: 1
Dear friends

I just bought a new Sony DVD recorder RDR 725 HX and while I was doing the setup I accidentally changed the Commande Mode from the default setting DVD3 to DVD1.

Now the DVD recorder does not accept any more the remote control commands at all and I wonder if any one could help me to reset the DVD recorder to DVD3 mode.

Thank you in advance

Richard
London

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2931
You need to set the remote to DVD1 before you can change the recorder. The manual will say how to change the remote.

Username: Richard_ilam

London, London UK

Post Number: 2
Dear David

I made a mistake and only after I realized that (pag 23) "if the command mode for the remote is changed to DVD 1 or DVD2, you will be unable to operate this recorder"

I was tired hence the mistake because I was trying to change the output of the DVD recorder...

So now I am badly stuck. Pressine the black square button with the DVD recored turned off shows "DVD1" now.

My question was: how can I put back to DVD3 mode now that the remote is no longer accepted?

Thanks

Riccardo

PS: on the manual I find not reference on how to change the remote to DVD1... any suggestion?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2932
I didn't see a manual for that exact recorder, but the 715 has a switch in the bottom right of the remote to change the different codes.

Silver Member
Username: Ftalife

Post Number: 260
Here is the sony electronics support page.

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/select-system.pl?PRODTYPE=48,42,43,44,3,41,64,45,4 6,47,66,49,55,50,51,52

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9434
How about a link to the cycling smartcard, there FTA!

Silver Member
Username: Ftalife

Post Number: 316
My coin flip came up tails.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us