Samsung HL-S4266W variable audio?

Username: Zaraspook

Post Number: 1
I just fired up my new Sammy for the first time and need a little help. With my last tv(sony 27") I used the variable audio output to control the sound of my audio receiver. It seems that the Samsung cannot do this. The tv remote doesn't control the volume of the audio receiver. I connected the audio out from the tv to the input on the receiver. Am I missing something or is this a great feature they didn't include?

I long ago lost the remote to the audio receiver. Any suggestions? I'm getting either a dish or digital cable soon and I'm hoping maybe the cable box will be able to do the task.

I also notice when turning the tv volume and the audio receiver volume up at the same time I get a very slight lag in the receiver sound that I never had before.

Z

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 772
The audio output is fixed, not variable. They assume you have a remote to your Dolby SS receiver. Sucks...doesn't it! I suggest you look for a new 5.1 receiver or buy a universal remote.

There is a slight lag. Use one or the other, but not both!

Username: Zaraspook

Post Number: 2
That does suck! I've been going back an forth between the Samsung and the Sony with it being a virtual tie. Sure wish I'd figure out this detail before hand. Now I'm seriously considering taking it back. How can they produce a unit like this that is begging for additional audio equip. and not think about the volume control???

I don't even have HD yet but the picture is still great and even better with DVD. I'd hate to get the Sony and be disappointed with the PQ.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 776
I wouldn't own such an outstanding HD display without at least a Dolby 5.1 surround sound system. They are extremely affordable these days. My sound sources don't even come from my set, so, it's certainly no limitation for me. My audio is a digital optical link from both my H10 Direct TV receiver and my Samsung DVD player going straight to my Onkyo Home Theater receiver. The least expensive Harmony remote can handle all the functions of any home theater system.

If you would seriously consider returning an outstanding high quality HD set because of an audio limitation you are obviously missing the whole Dolby 5.1 home theater experience. What a shame!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us