Making history

Silver Member
Username: Pirate_pete

Post Number: 326
FTA goes down in history with BUD's and 'C' band digicifer.HD ant's to replace them. hehehe!

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 180
C band is still around, and FTA will be around even more, the same reason that DTV is more prevalent than the big dish was. Smaller, more convienient equipment. Pirate TV will go on, just not the way it has been for the last two or three years. It won't be easy, it will take more investment of time and money, but it will continue. The huge loss of revenue that the FTA/Pirate TV consumer represented was far too much to lose and had to be dealt with. Two hundred old guys in the basement getting free tv doesn't worry DN or DTV. Millions of non paying veiwers do.

Silver Member
Username: Northman

Post Number: 157
Hey Joe, did you try to get TV301 on G10 C-band. All of the currently-running PPV movies, that are on BEV are playing on this one channel...cool! Let the VCR do its job, or a Digital recorder...let it run & suck up all the new releases ( they repeat, sort of ). Libertycommunications.c o m ( click on Movies )

Bronze Member
Username: Bjalt

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 33
I think you nay sayers are jumping the gun too quickly. We may not have a DTV hack for several reasons. 1) the DN hack came along draining the demand for the DTV hack 2) There weren't equipment manufacturors that had millions invested in production of units to hack DTV. Just production lines to produce card programers, Jtag cables, unlockers, etc.

This time we have a whole slew of FTA manufactors that have had a taste of the good life selling to the gray market here in the US and since there is no DTV hack there is still strong demand.

Its basic economics folks. With a DN hack around there was no demand for a P4 hack and so big dollars haven't been spent to come up with one. Now that there is no hack for either DTV or DN there is a huge demand and lots of money to be made by hacking either P4 or the N2.

Its a game of cat and mouse. Right now the cat has the mouse pinned down with both paws and things don't look good. But you can be sure that Pansat, Veiwsat, and all the others don't want to walk away for the grey market here in the states.

Some engineer at Nagra may be thinking right now that he could walk away with a cool million by selling the source code of the MAP to one of the FTA manufactuors. Who knows. Stanger things have happened.

Silver Member
Username: Slo_hand2

Post Number: 454
Very Well put Bjalt and as for your last paragraph I'm sure someone like that will make it happen, there just trying to figure out how not to get caught stealing company secrets.

Silver Member

Post Number: 181
Right, and I have no doubt you are correct. Money tends to go the path of least resistance. The real problem if you are DN or any other company is maximizing your cash flow, preferrably in, not out, and preferably a profit. If I were Dish, I would have more than one way to kill Pirate TV, I'd have three or four ready and waiting, so that any fix only lasts 24 hours or less. All they have to do is deter the average guy who just wants free TV. When it gets to be too big of a hassle, and you miss that show you really wanted to see, more than once, well you get the picture, poor service, even if free, equates to few or no customers. DTV and DN are both working to keep their signal secure. They intend to do so. When they get serious, which I think they have, they will lock up the signal such that it will take many more resources than the average Joe has to hack their signal. If they can reduce the number to under a thousand they likely wouldn't care enough to go after them. That would be 1/10th of 1 percent or less of their customer base. One million on the other hand constitutes a significant loss.

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
With the FTA software hacks, any person with a little computer knowledge could hack DN using legal equipment no one tracks. From the privacy of their living room, they could do what it took special equipment and a great deal of study to do with DTV. Vaporware can disappear if you think you are going to get into trouble without a trace. Card readers cannot, unloopers cannot, etc. What made FTA machines so dangerous was it could turn Grandma into a Satellite Pirate. The ease with which someone could set up their machine was amazing, and the features better than DN itself. That was why FTA Pirating had to be stopped. Anyone, and I mean anyone could do it. And it was impossible to prove. The only way to stop it was at the source, the signal. I believe that is what they have done. I could be wrong, we aren't all the gurus that we would like to think we are. DN may be stupid enough not to have a backup plan, and be broken in just a few days. I somehow doubt it. Europe is still down, and it has been several years now I beleive. I think the same thing will happen here. As far as DTV goes, now that DN is gone, we may see a resurgence in the effort to crack their system. They have had years to get better at what they do, and I have no doubt it will be tougher than ever.

Bronze Member
Username: Rekman

CANADA

Post Number: 67
helooooooooo. am back after 3 days holidays.. i had a break with this forum... SO ??.. where are We now .. has the Bin landed ?.. please tell me for my cools**t

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
Northman, I am in somewhat of a pickle. The home I rent is in a stand of trees. In the fall and winter, I have all the signal I want, in the summer, I get almost nothing. I will be moving shortly and I have my C band dish ready to go as well as two Primestar dishes. It have to wait until October or I move though.

Username: Damageinc

Post Number: 4
reminder: too many morons screwed it up for the rest of us.

don't let the news of the top secret VTV Receivers leak out.

Bronze Member
Username: Theunrealkneegrow

Post Number: 25
this is good. once all the people b1tching about missing there p0rn quit fta there will be more subs for dn and they wil stop with the ecm'x untill the next card swap.To Everyone:QUIT FTA so i can enjoy months of uninterupted service
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us