How to Change to Real FTA?

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 172
First, put the original updated factory bin on your receiver. That makes it a legal machine. Next, do some research on what is available. You will likely need a Linear LNB, and not the Circular LNB used by Dish and DTV. The easiest Dish to mount these on is an old Primestar dish, any of the various models. I have two different types myself. Once you have the necessary equipment, you can start setting up the dish to see whatever sat you are interested in. Best first stop is the G10R sat with @ 30 channels. Some are spanish, most are English. You can move the dish around or if you have invested in a dish mover, search the sky from inside your home. For international and national news, I would subscribe to Sky Angel, they have family friendly programming, with Fox News. This could require a second dish with a real Dish Network receiver. Costs 15.00 a month. You should be able to get all the networks, several independent channels, wild feeds such as Coin Country ( if you like that sort of thing), and specialty channels. If you want adult cinema buy or rent it, or better yet, get a wife or girlfriend. Real versus imaginary. LOL. For movies, go to the theatre and watch one with your wife or girlfriend, and for all others, just buy the DVD used in 4 to 6 monthns.

Silver Member
Username: Mybig_willie

Post Number: 257
Heres another way.Upload

Silver Member
Username: Jmill1948

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 813
i like that

Username: Maelvin

Post Number: 2
This works.Upload

Username: Maelvin

Post Number: 3
Special design for spanish content.Upload

Silver Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 332
Good post Joe! Also you may need a larger dish (30" plus) depending on what satellite you connect to. The Primestar Joe spoke of is large.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
The Primestar dishes are still out there. They installed over a million units, and when they were bought out, all the equipment was instantly obsolete. I haven't found a working lnb on one yet, but the dish is outstanding. I used one to set up my parents DTV, who living in Florida, had rain fade constantly. After the big dish went in, no more rain fade. If it starts to Pixelate, head for a storm shelter.LOL
Seriously, many people still have these things in their yards and would be glad to get rid of them. I have gotten several that way. You can check with Sat dealers, they sometimes have a pile of them behind their building. I have four, and love using them. You can use multiple LNBs and still max out the signal on all three.

Silver Member
Username: Mybig_willie

Post Number: 273
I told a friend that and he went right to the house i told him about and ask if he could have it.She was glad to get ridd of it, pole and all. I kicked myself in the a5s for tell'n him.

Bronze Member
Username: Keanos

Post Number: 39
stupid melvin

Username: Ruger

Post Number: 5
wow you guy are the greatest.

Silver Member

Post Number: 187
Big Willie there are still a lot out there, just notice when you are driving around. And yes, they do give them away, just to be rid of them.

Username: Abbas1

Post Number: 3
My Bin is not working today?
Any solution?
??

Username: Abbas1

Post Number: 4
Joe;
How do I get the original updated factory bin;
To put it in my receiver??

??
Thanks...