DVD Recorder connection and widescreen

Username: Rnico

Post Number: 2
Hi

My DVD Recorder (Philips 3400) is plugged using the antenna out of cable box and composite (3 videos, 2 audio) to the input of the DVDR. Is it normal that the only source I get on the DVD Recorder is the tuner (that means the antenna only right?)

So the thing is that every channels are in mono... how can I fix that??

Thanx a lot!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2919
If you're using RCAs, set the recorder on whatever input they are connected to and the audio will be stereo. Channels through the tuner should be MTS stereo when using an antenna, unless the recorder's tuner doesn't do stereo.

Post Number: 3
That's what I have so that's weird... I'm coming out of my cable box (HD adelphia) using RCA to the DVDR, and antenna as well... The thing is when I search for channels on the DVDR (using Tuner as source), it only finds one channel (the one that's currently on the cable box) and not every analog channels that supposed to come out of the antenna...
I don't understand that...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2921
If you want analog channels, split the incoming cable to the box and recorder. Use the DVD tuner for analog channels and the box for digital channels.

Post Number: 4
The thing I did is actually take the antenna from the wall and plug it to the DVDR, this way the DVDR actually finds all the analog channels... And then I connect from the antenna out of DVDR to the adelphia box and then to the tv. This way it works...

Another issue regarding the digital channels though: on my adelphia cable box, I only have 1 audio out (L&R) that I actually use to the tv to watch the HD channels, I have a video out composite to the DVDR so obviously I have no sound.
I tried plugin the only audio out I have on the box to the DVDR and it works fine but this way I don't have sound when I watch the HD channels directly on the tv, again obviously...

So what are my solutions?? As there are really no out from the cable box expect from the one I already use and a S-Video (still no sound as well though) and a DVI out. Is there a way to come out of DVI to composite?? As I don't have DVI on my DVDR...

Thanx a lot

Gold Member

Post Number: 2922
Use a video switcher for the audio.

Bronze Member
Username: Jagfan

Jacksonville, FL

Post Number: 16
I use a Y adapter that converts a single RCA output jack to 2 RCA jacks. These are just a couple bucks at WM.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us