DLP HELP!!!

Username: Dufferjn4

Post Number: 6
Well I am thinking of making the big jump from 40" tube to a DLP. My question is can this TV run 8 to 12 hours a day my family runs the tube TV all day....If I can run a 50" DLP all day what kind do I get? Man I read all the reviews and I am more confused now then when I started..LOL
Thanks for your time.....Dave

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 765
These DLP's can run 24/7 for more than 10,000 hours. Then, just replace the lamp and it's good as new for another 10,000 or more. I think the best DLP available today is the HL-S xx87W or xx88W. One has Cablecard, (xx88W) and the other doesn't. (xx87W) Replace the xx with the screen size you want. (50, 56, 61)

These are 1080P native sets with the highest contrast ratio and best HD picture I've ever seen.

Don't pay full retail of $2700 + tax when you can get one for $1849 + shp and no tax. Buy the extended warranty!!! They pay for themselves quite often no matter the brand! These are new inventions, after all.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=19063796&search=hls5087

Username: Wmcalister

Walnut creek, Ca USA

Post Number: 5
My company is the authorized Toshiba representative in the area.

I have a limited number of the Toshiba 62 inch high-definition DLP units 62HM15A with the stand that we are liquidating. These are NEW out-of-box units, made in the USA and come with a 90 day warranty. We offer an extended warranty up to two years for an additional cost of $100 per year.

These units have the latest HDMI inputs, 480I, 720I, and 1080 resolution, TV guide programming built in, memory card inputs, incredible sound etc. This unit retails for $3300 but the cash price is only $1295. My company also takes Visa or Mastercard.

The units can be seen at 310 North Civic Dr in Walnut Creek. Call me before you stop by to ensure I am there.

Ask for William. I can be contacted at 408 234-3770.
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 828
This Toshiba is ok for an older 720P model. It has the HD2+ chip, which many folks preferred a few years ago. The lamps are not as lasting as the Phillips UHP lamps, though. There are about 20 open box models on ebay right now. The average selling price is around $600, but I've seen several go for as little as $399.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=Toshiba+62HM15
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us