Pirate TV may be dead, But FTA is still going strong

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 153
Folks, lets be more precise in how we speak. FTA is going nowhere, and is improving as people discover the huge customer base it has. Pirate TV, the stealing of programming meant to be viewed by paying customers is likely dead. This is not the first time this scenario has played out. C band hackers use to do the same thing, then the DTV hackers, and now the DN hackers. All followed the same basic pattern. At some point the provider, either Cable, DTV, or DN all find a way to effectively lock out non paying viewers. This is the true history of Pirate TV. Many of us have watched, checked it out, understand, and some have participated in the Piracy. Truthfully, it is not cost effective to Pirate. Unless you watch a lot of TV, the expense of a receiver, the aggravation, the down time, all these factors make it foolish as a source of entertainment, unless you like to "test". You don't set your mother up on a system, or your friends, you don't go into business doing it, because at some point you never know when, it will all come down. When they introduced NagraII over a year ago, that was the signal for the end of DN Piracy. Europe had been effectively locked up, and not broken using the same system. I am sure that the PWK, people who know, were aware of this from the time it was instigated. I would like to see the production rates for the factories in Korea or wherever over the last six months. It would give you a clue as to how soon they were pretty certain the game was up one more time.

If the people who have provided the tech expertise to Pirate DN would now put themselves to the task of marketing a product for the true FTA crowd, and provide better products and decent prices, many people will convert from Dish and DTV simply for economic reasons. The Spanish market may lead that change. Eleven million illegal Hispanics in the US is a huge potential customer base, especially with the mobility of the small dish. But even with the Spanish leading the way, providing an easy customer base, the English channels could be used to develope an alternative to DTV and DN. Hopefully the money people will realize this and start to promote it with equipment, support, and expertise.

Silver Member
Username: Mybig_willie

Post Number: 212
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
Just a note for you desperate people. Several years ago, at the end of the DTV era in Piracy, I worked in a computer shop. A man in his sixties, affluent, intelligent, well spoken, came in absolutely in terror. He had ordered a card reader/programmer to try to do the DTV Piracy thing. He may or may not have actually accomplished this as his level of technical expertise was pretty low. He asked us to wipe his hard drive and reinstall Windows so no files would exist any longer that he had downloaded. The FBI had called him and was going to come to his home to talk with him about his purchase. I don't know if we did the work or not, but I know I never saw him again. Personally I would have burned the thing if I couldn't figure out how to wipe it myself.

The point is, anything that leaves a trail, electronically or on paper, the FBI can follow. If you Pirate, you are asking for a visit. Will everyone get a visit, no, of course not. But if you buy equipment, etc. you just might. Now FTA equipment is legal. Card readers, internet hookups, etc, just may not be. I personally wouldn't want my computer and internet hooked up to an illegal server to get free tv. Just seems stupid. The cost is high, internet costs etc., and the likelihood that it will last is pretty small. Just seems silly. Stick with what is free, pay for what you really want and forget the rest.

Bronze Member
Username: Mr_viewsat

Post Number: 35
do U work for dishnetwork punk!! FU****K U it may take time but iam sure fta will come back like plastic!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
look i remember last year when DN locked all rom 103 so they come up with rom 102 as known yellow card they said then this is it!! no one can hack us again..will 3 months after that look what happend rom 102 is hacked again.
so take you sh***t and slap it in your face!
WE KNOW YOU WORK FOR CHARLIE

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
...Keep the faith VR.Hey one way or another im sure.But could care less.Its funnier here when its NOT.

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
Im optomistic.Notice the ship is half afloat.

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
What evidence do you have that this will happen? I have the evidence of history. I have waited for someone to accuse me of working for DN. That is foolish. If I had the money, I would try to start a business to support FTA. I think it would be very profitable. But that would be an alternative to DN. But I would posit that many of the disruptive people on this forum do work for DN. If you have no real information, call names, start racist nonsense, and effectively disrupt any real discussion, you either are an idiot, which is a possibility, or you work for someone who wants you to do precisely what I described. The real difficulty with FTA was that it was a software fix, and very difficult to prosecute. Wipe and reinstall, upload factory bin, whatever, and no more Pirate TV equipment. Cards, internet, etc. are not "VaporWare" that can disappear in a few moments. They are hard physical evidence of intent to Pirate. It's just foolish in this age of Homeland Security, and loss of personal privacy to do stuff that can put you in jail or bankrupt you. For TV for heaven's sake. Just foolish. Like I said before, this scenario has played out before, and probably will again. Being in technology, I have seen it happen. And I just talked with a guy recently who saw a "football" card on top of a DTV receiver he was servicing that someone was still holding onto. They haven't worked for years.

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
Perhaps a new fix will come, but how long will it last. Ask the Europeans. I have a suggestion, push for a la carte programming every way you can, from both DTV and DN. Choices are what most of us want, not a one size fits all package, paying for crap you will never watch. They don't want that because it cuts into the profits. MTV would not go into every DTV home if this were the case. Nor would the History channel, or SciFi channel for that matter. The news stations would not have to worry about Neilsens, people would either pay to watch them or not. People could vote with their feet. Block programming forces us to accept and support many programming venues we would prefer not to support. That is the real issue for many.
Piracy is a completely different matter.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
the fact is you still working for DN IDIOT!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
It occurs to me that one person could disrupt an entire forum using several names, and constant harrassment. The DN stooges try to disrupt every intelligent discussion on this forum, generally I ignor them, but they are an issue which needs addressing. Without Mods, we will still see their posts, but it is best to ignor them. They contribute nothing and try to distract from any helpful discussion. I slipped and actually responded to one recently, that was a mistake. As you may have noticed, it only encourges them to continue. Anyone who has positive ideas on how to improve FTA, or help the FTA community, I encourage to post. Any others you are wasting your time. I could care less. Ever play ball. When the infield is trying to rattle the batter, batters ignor the noise. Most don't even hear it. For those of us on this forum who want things to improve, you have become that noise we ignore. That's my last word on the people who are either idiots, or work for some company who benefits from their actions.

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
Here is a simple plan.

1. Find the FTA stations that fit your needs for network programming.

2. Find the FTA stations that you find interesting to you. (Spanish, German, sport, etc.)

3. Pick the movies you really want to see and watch them at the theater.

4. If the theater is too costly, wait and rent the movie, the turn around time is six months or less.

5. If you want to own a movie, explore the used DVD market. I can buy recent movies for as little as 3.00.

6. Pay for Sky Angel if you need a news fix. They have Fox News.

7. Don't pay DN or DTV for block programming if you only want a few channels. Insist on having it YOUR way.

8. Go outside and enjoy the world, TV is only entertainment.

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
I like that, very good. Some of the humor here is really great. Just need a picture of Gilligan and the Professor working on a bin to complete the picture. LOL

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
For those of you who are Pirate or nothing at all, sell your receiver as soon as possible. The prices haven't fallen that far yet. Then if a fix is out, you can buy an upgraded piece of equipment, which from some indications you may have to do anyway. The funny thing is, Pirate TV has been a boon to FTA, in that the equipment is better, easier to use, and has many more features. It may have been an unintentioned side effect, but I appreciate it anyway.

Username: Oxxo

Post Number: 5
LK had been warning U this would happen all along.....

you are just COPYING what he already said....
way MUCH TIME before that last BIG ECM.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
thank u waldo

Silver Member

Post Number: 170
I haven't seen any receivers on Eb@y so I have to assume you guys are going to hang in there for the long haul. Reminds of the guy who is still clinging to his "Football" DTV card, thinking it is still valuable. Does anyone know how much inventory is in the warehouses right now? I would like to know, it would tell us if they truly expect to beat this thing. My guess is not much and no.

Bronze Member
Username: Whos_your_papa

Post Number: 13
what a fuck1ng childish you two are.
remember, i used comdom when i did your ma ma.
so i am not yr pa pa.

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
Inventory would show faith in the future of the continued Pirating of DN. No inventory, no faith. If you are truly not going to use your receiver except as a Pirate box, you may be out of luck, I suspect so. If you no longer plan on using it, at least reset the bin to a legal one so if you sell it, it won't come back to haunt you. Tnen sell it on eb@y, pawn it, give it to a school, etc. Make sure you reset the bin first.

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
These receivers are a great benefit to many people. Many people literally can't afford the 50 to 75 dollars a month to have DTV or DN. Also, for foreign nationals in Mexico as well as the United States, it is a means of staying in touch. The Spanish aren't the only ones, you have Italian, Greek, German, etc. All have programming in the sky. International news, weather, cultural programming, even lanquage lessons are up "there". FTA has become the PBS of the new era, and I mean that in a good way. Everyone has a voice, and many if not all interests have some home in the sky. As it becomes more commercially viable, expect it to be even better. Don't expect to see first run movies playing free, or adult cinema, or special sports programs, like the fights. Like going to a baseball game, you have to pay to get in. And you should.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us