Samsung DLP/brighthouse hdtv can't get full screen pictures

Username: Crsann

Post Number: 1
Could anyone help us please? We have a 42" samsung DLP tv and brighthouse cable hdtv. Somehow someone did something to the tv and now we can't get the picture to fill the screen. I remember when a tech was here once he said if you ever have this problem do this... and I can't remember what it was. We have a remote that is just for the tv and one for the cable (the cable one is the one that is always used). I can't even remember which remote he used to fix it. All I remember is it was something really simple and I can't for the life of me figure it out or remember.
thanks
chris

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 763
Well...there is wide screen programming and there is old 4-3 programming. Personally, I don't like the look of stretched 4-3 content, but I understand that some do. There is a Size button on the remote. You can also go into the menu, Picture, Size, and change it there. Digital network channels not transmitting in widescreen will restrict the ability to stretch their 4-3 formats. It's no loss to me. I'm set to show wide when it's wide and show 4-3 when it's 4-3. I don't have brighthouse cable, but my set top box menu is set to "pass through" any format and resolution and allow the tv to size it accordingly.

Bronze Member
Username: Ju1cyfru1t

Post Number: 24
FYI is right. Check your manual and it will tell you how to stretch/zoom, so that you can get the image you had. It's very easy, but I don't know the exact buttons for your display.

JU1CYFRU1T
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us