Believe it or not

Username: Ftaguru

Post Number: 7
i am a coder and i was trying to decode the current new bin, but couldn't.
so,
: do not buy any fta receiver.
: do not expect any new bin file.
: do not waste your time.
: just enjoy pure fta or resell your box.

Silver Member
Username: Vinidomine

Post Number: 130
omg... Are you a rom card seller?

1- you dont "decode" a bin... you decode an encoded file or transmission / stream. aka reverse engineering.

2 - you don't sound like a code writter

3 - who cares?

FTA is FTA with or without decrypted signals...
Get a grip... this is a hobbie not a black market.

Vini

Username: Ftaguru

Post Number: 8
vini, who is arguing with u? if u don't care, why u response?
who said it is black market?
your daddy? is he card seller?
small pin head vini, my di*ck cannot fit your noisy small mouth because your head is too small. i will install in other holes.
ok!

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
... you just confirmed it. now go back to ebay see if anyone bought your plastic!
ROTFLMAO!

Vini

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 142
I just bought a Uniden 4500 C/ku receiver for 5 dollars. I could have gotten it for 2.00, but it was for charity. Now why did I tell you this? Find out the price of a Uniden 4500 UHF Remote receiver when it was new, and compare it to the 5.00 I just paid. There is a lesson there. Remember, at one time, before Dave and Charlie, the Pirates used a C band system to steal the Cable shows. Just a thought.

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
Sorry, I just bought a Uniden 4500 C/ku receiver for 5 dollars. I could have gotten it for 2.00, but it was for charity. Now why did I tell you this? Find out the price of a Uniden 4500 UHF Remote receiver when it was new, and compare it to the 5.00 I just paid. There is a lesson there. Remember, at one time, before Dave and Charlie, the Pirates used a C band system to steal the Cable shows. Just a thought.

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
Sorry for the multiple post

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
I agreen Joe - and for the hobbiest, even that old ird would still be interesting - what I found funny is this fta guru guy pretending to be a "coder" and likely to get people to buy plastic.

But yeah... C band is one of my next projects. Let me know where you got that ird from.

Vini

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
From a Church based thrift store. Just lucky some hobby guy must have died or gotten divorced and his family donated the whole lot. They had a dozen hughes DTV boxes, external SCSI drive boxes, all kinds of interesting junk they really wanted rid of. I bought one external SCSI and they tried to give me the other three. Paid 2.00 for one external SCSI drive with drives in it and got three. Probably no more than a gig a peice. This was in Sevierville, Tn., on the way to Gatlinburg. Tourists everywhere. I saw an old General Instruments receiver at a Goodwill several times. Usually you find total junk, but sometimes you find a little silver mixed in with the dross.

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
Yes this really is a hobby for me. I like knowing stuff. I would like to be able to modify bins, but that takes a level of expertise I have yet to acquire. Maybe this winter when it is really cold outside. And I really do the FTA and have off and on since C band.

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
When I say FTA, I really mean FTA, not Pirate TV. I consider them two entirely different things.

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
All that old stuff still works and can be very useful. I got me an old SCSI card for a flat bed HP scanner... its old... scans slow but the quality kicks azz! And guess my cost? 0.00 - nothing!

yeah unfortunately people connect FTA to piracy - F.T.A. stands for Free To Air. Wanna bet 1/2 of those kids didn't know that?

FTA is not only a hobby for me its in part coming of work I've done for the telecom industry before VoIP took over most telecommunication circuits ... we did it all via satellite... and still do, but not as much due to cost. not only bandwidth allocation costs for satellite but also maintenance down the earth-stations and so on.

I also enjoy learning and knowledge sets the hobbyist apart from the freeloaders.

C band has narrower bandwidth but can cut through "storms"... Ku has wider bandwidth but suffers from rain-fade. Both have their pros and cons.
Cant wait to get me a BUD!

Vini

Bronze Member
Username: Midsy

Post Number: 90
I just bought 20 fo them ..happy to buy some more ..

Bronze Member
Username: Pu239_enema

Post Number: 70
Vini rainfade affects KU band to an extent only and the ammount of rainfade u are affected by depends entirely on the gain of the dish/lnb combination you use and the intensity of the bird you are trying to get...

I'm yet to see a Florida thunderstorm fade my 36" dish...

Silver Member
Username: Rufa33

Post Number: 146
Go Vini tell them more ....

Bronze Member
Username: Pu239_enema

Post Number: 71
Signal intensity i meant to say.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help