An other post from Viewsat boys

Silver Member
Username: Ong_tu

Post Number: 124
This guy has a great site and is very humble!!!

An other post from Viewsat boys // 2006-07-24
Posted by Varcity:
"First I would like to apologize to the people that hang on every word I say, and to this site for the speculatiion on a fix. The timelines provided were given to me by people I trust.
This has not been an easy one for anybody. The providers have gotten serious about their signal integrity and dealt their best shot to date at FTA. Nobody had a clue how serious this new ECM was. Viewsat even underestimated the complexity of it all. There's been no TRUE cardless fix offered yet by anyone. That alone should give you all a hint as to the difficulty involved here. Blacklist has worked tirelessly on the problem.
Viewsat engineers have never stopped their quest for a solution. Co*lsat caved in and used a Rom 102 to get some TV going for their customers, and Captive works, Triple Dragon & Dreambox have card sharing working. None of these are the "fix" we've all been looking for.
Do I still believe it will come? YES, I DO! The predictions of when the fix will come have been wrong since the channels started dropping. It has been 1 mo. since the premium channels started dropping off. Still we have no fix. This is the longest FTA has been down (tho not totally down). Some of the players bought info & help to try & get their units back up. None have accomplished the prize they were seeking.
Viewsat hasn't bought anything, cept a scope rental to get a read of the Rom 102. This WAS accomplished and they have the FULL read of the Rom 102 to prove it. Does this guarantee them a solution? Only If the engineers can decode it all and reverse it and write the routines.
Nobody else has even attempted going this route, so it would appear the whole industry is content to let VS carry the ball on this one. It's a damn shame that when the solution is released, none of them will be standing in line w/cash in hand to help offset the cost of all the work done to get the solution. 1 last routine is all that stops us from having tv.. The read done on the 102 does not contain the info necessary to complete the solution.
VS engineers have to find the last routine on their own. The entire industry depends on them finding it, & WE must all wait for them to find it. Blame me if you must for this wait. Mr. V asked me if they should just follow Co*lsat's lead and make a carded solution. I said "NO, we have promised this industry a cardless solution, Let's stay the course till we get it done" his responce to me was " That's what I like about you, you see the real picture of what is needed" I still feel in my heart they will get this without any help, and they will do it this week. That is my opinion and an opinion only. If they don't accomplish this soon, I will relent and ask for a similar solution as Co*lsat. That will be a major defeat for me as well as VS, but I just don't see that happening. Business 101 dictates that if they want to dominate the market, they must flex their engineering muscles for all to see to prove they are worthy of being #1. Anything less is NOT satisfactory. Lets all hope this comes to be very soon for all of FTA's sake.. If you want to blame someone for your lack of TV, Blame me, I won't let them quit.. It is down to 1 lousy hardware routine. The combinations are limited, not billions like people think. They will get this.. Just be patient, and be kind to each other. It's only TV.
A good tester always has a backup. Either sub, or switch to plastic if you can't wait.

DO NOT BUY AN FTA UNIT TILL WE SEE A SOLUTION."

Silver Member
Username: Etorres4u

Post Number: 106
He HAS to be humble. He has put his foot in his mouth so many times it would humble anybody. His mistake was not in offering updates, it was in saying the fixes were coming out on so and so date without delivering.

Bronze Member
Username: Totaldikguy

Post Number: 19
I had read this post 2 days ago...
There should be a "follow-up" post on this, by next week...

LET'S WAIT & SEE

Bronze Member
Username: Dish

Post Number: 45
He is not humble----he is full of sh!t

Silver Member
Username: Tayaran

Post Number: 235
dishie dishie come to papa

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
My friend Taya---how the fu@k are you---I can only chat a little while---I have a ton of work

Silver Member
Username: Tayaran

Post Number: 239
damn, you work 3rd shift? that's an automatic 10% premium in your salary, you're buying the next round of beer amigo .... Good luck at work ...

Silver Member
Username: Rsmc73

Post Number: 189
Some one that has lied for years isnt very humble just arrogant. His reputation has sucked for years and the man just keeps on posting bs. There is a thread over at dss rookie from september of last year about his crap. Its been a year and he is still Feeding crap to any one that will listen to him. Humble he is not TDG/ThedssGuy/Veracity is nothing more than a PR guy. There are other sites that have banned him altogether.

Not jumping on any one just stating he is nothing more than a car salesman. I must say he is a good one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
No, after I get out of work I am going home---12 freaking hours of re programing office computers---maybe another day Taya----sorry I gotta get back to work----later my friend

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
Not that any body really cares but here is his apology from 9/12/2005 And hell its to damn long to read also

Thedssguy apologizes to the community
C/P from the TheDssGuy
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
have spoken many times about the big picture and what I see. Many times I have called it right on the money. Other times I haven't, but thru it all I was testing, pushing, mediating, and making progress occur faster than it would have, or maybe should have.
If I hadn't been pushing, and pushing, and pushing, maybe there wouldn't be so much greed visible today. My theory has always been "Feed the machine". Create a frenzy of free tv-er's that no smart company could turn down, and then watch those companies poor more money into R&D to bring us what we want. It all sounded good on paper, and because of my "Korean Theory" posted way back when, the contacts & connections were easy to make in Korea and elsewhere. I fell victim to my own righteous crusade to bring the people what they wanted.. I believed fervently that it would all happen this way too.

This all worked out FAR too well, and before I knew it, I was being sent units to test & review (hype, or whatever else you want to call it) by most major manufacturers. The ones who didn't send me units to test were the established companies that needed no help and relied on their stellar support and premium price to sustain them thru tuff times should their be any. I didn't see that then. I was caught up in all the glory and attention and the thought that my plan to help speed progress would work. To an extent it has worked too well. The Koreans have become much more aggressive than I anticipated as GREED has taken root and grown. I fear I've been feeding my trusty dog with fresh red meat everyday and NOW he is eyeing ME for dinner. I've altered this community with fevered sales pitching touting the advancements they've shown me, and that have come to be (for the most part). For this I'm truly sorry. I was blind but now I see.

Though my feeble testing skills are limited (Free Tver here), I trudged on regardless of my qualifications or lack thereof. My testing and reviews of all of these units have been truthful and fairly thorough tho, even going so far on the units I REALLY liked to solicit outside help in testing. Thank you guys (you know who you are), for helping me test, but now the hobby has changed, and for the worse I fear. Gone are the days of doing this stuff your self. Gone is the freeware that predicated this hobby's popularity. Now the popularity lies in the coders that produce our fixes, or bring us our fresh red meat. We (I helped) have created a bloodthirsty monster. One that will stop at nothing to get to the fresh red meat we've dangled for too long. I helped feed this monster. I probably intervened in way too many deals and passed way too much info. In my zeal to give the community what I thought they wanted, the monster grew. Corporations enlisted coders and spokesmen to help move their wares, promising support and releases, and giving us what we thought we wanted. I have come to know many secrets about all of this, and how it works. I see now that I have been part of the problem. The publicity leads to sales, sales leads to competition, competition has led to lies and even out & out wars. I can no longer be part of this. My eyes have been pried open to see the deceit and corruption of these companies and dealers. Cool sat, Pansat, Fortec, Viewsat and others were in a race to solve N2 thus continuing this frenzied market. Even tho they had been working on it, they lacked common knowledge that our own American coders possess. This was my in with them. I knew coders here. I worked silently in the background to assist their cause.
I even went out west to meet with the distributors of the most popular of the FREE Tver units. I was received in high fashion and was wined and dined and promised the moon.

They showed me many things, but NOT N2! Work was being done on it and much had been figured out about it,, but it was not till I got back that details of a small break through were known. An Achilles heel had been discovered, a weak spot found, and I was the first to review the Rom 101 hack Add to this the fact that Dicknetwork was running a watered down version of N2 for their older boxes and I knew we were on to something.

It was NOT Korea that figured it out, but some good old American and European coders.
Spain had figured out an exploit of D+ (their pay provider) and it was being leaked. Through the ingenuity of good old American coders, they were able to adapt the exploit of European N2 to first the DVB cards and then the awesomely flexible Dream Box.
Is this a true N2 hack? No, but it was enough to excite the manufacturers and fuel the race for a North American release of this temporary N2 fix.

Keys were leaked. They could have only come from one place, a Rom101 dump. Those keys were put into a de-cryptor tool, and released a few days later. It became simple to get Nagra2 decoding up and running for nearly any FTA box. CMD numbers had to be switched around, but once the decryption method became public for CMDs $07 and $04, and the Nag2 keys leaked to actually decrypt those commands, it was a simple matter of "fixing" the existing Nagra1 FTA code base. I may have been instrumental in getting certain manufacturers this information and help. (Feeding the Machine AGAIN).

BIG corporations began plotting for market supremacy. They started posturing in this market and their greed became obvious. Thru the advent of spokesmen, site wars, "kill" releases etc. they've shown us their greed. Their hunger for our greenbacks is only surpassed by our hunger for fresh red meat (TV) My apologies to the true testers out there that tried to tell me what was going on, yet I didn't see. My apologies to the community at large for a little too much pushing and prodding to "Feed the Machine". Greed is the root of evil here and greed has led to some disgusting business tactics. Television is the most widely used & revered commodity there is. Entertainment has become tantamount to end users and BIG corporations alike. "Send us you money and we will give you TV!" Where is the hobby or the triumph of knowledge in that? I am sickened by the acts of this community and by my own part in the grand scheme of things. I have been used and discarded, but I will not go without saying my piece. Trust no one person to deliver the news. His views may be clouded by those smarter than he. Inform yourself so you may be armed against the deceit so prevalent in this hobby today. Read until you fully understand the necessities of what you are trying to accomplish. If this is too overwhelming for you to take to task, then sub to your local provider. Whatever your choice may be, stick to it and work together as a community. The site wars and corporate bashing must stop. Companies are protecting their intellectual rights and will be ruthless about it. Make no mistake about that. They will stop at nothing to get you money. I was asked to announce a warranty deal from Pansat. I was asked to say nothing of the clone kill as well when the N2 "fix" was released. I could NOT comply with one of these so I am banished I warned everyone of the impending clone kill, but had no clue of the malicious code and how devastating it would be to OEM units as well. In preliminary testing I was quick to say "if your unit died, it was a clone" Obviously I was wrong. Again after immediate testing of failed OEM units, I surmised and passed info stating it was power supply problems, only to find out later that most of the TSOP had been erased. Again my zeal to try to provide answers was somewhat misleading, and even misunderstood due to me poorly wording a post about power supplies. This in and by itself , was an innocent, honest mistake, but the corporate knee jerk reaction following, and the prevalent site wars has left me reeling from all of the discourse in this community. Greed has never been so prevalent and I have never been so ashamed. Dicknetwork will surely put an end to this soon and maybe we will get back to true testing. I guess what I'm trying to say, is I am guilty of pushing us to this point. I have fed the machine too much too often. If you must crucify someone it should be ME! Stop the fighting, stop the site wars. Return to a community of testing PLEASE! I will no longer be their patsy. I will no longer post and hype their products. As you can see, my number of posts and passing of info has slowed. I no longer wish to be part of the "Feed the Machine" mentality. I will gladly relinquish my list of contacts and responsabilities to someone better suited for the task of reporter. I have failed you all. Crucify ME and move on... Please..

Special thanks to fz43 at dss-newbies for his analogy of the FTA "fix"

I have never taken money for reviews or even for my posts concerning manufacturers.

Be aware and arm yourself with knowlege before you purchase FTA or any other dealer driven solution
-----------------

End C/P from TheDSSGUY

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
Now this is a man that likes to hear him self talk.

Username: The_only_one

Post Number: 2
wow that was long!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
Here is the link if anyone cares to go read it.

http://www.dssrookie.com/forums/satellite-and-industry-news/thedssguy-apologizes -to-the-community-49622.html?highlight=TDG

Bronze Member
Username: Totaldikguy

Post Number: 21
HE WORKED AT A CAR DEALERSHIP, BEFORE BECOMING AN FTA MODERATOR...

Silver Member
Username: Min

Post Number: 176
THAT WHY HE KNOW HOW TO LIE TO HIS CUSTOMERS .LOL.....

Silver Member
Username: Saturation

Post Number: 121
If you read between the lines he says that there will be no fix. He tried to feed us lies while we waited for the fix and when (if) the fix would pop out he could somehow twist it so that he was the one helping out on it. He took a gamble and lost.

The manufactures have given up and because of that there is no need to pay off some fancy message boy. Now he is just trying to look good when he jumps off the sinking ship.

Silver Member
Username: Saturation

Post Number: 122
Lol the above post is from dec 2005, WTF?? Why you guys digging up old sh*it??

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
Informing people that dont know how full of BS the guy is. Beleive it or not some people still think he is fta god. History repeating its self thats all. Some people may not know and may need a little light to help them out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
Has TDG ever giving anybody That P4 Hack for dave he had 2 years ago. I guess nobody Paid to join his site so no one got it.

Bronze Member
Username: Rgb360

Post Number: 11
NOTE:Not that any body really cares but here is his apology from 9/12/2005 And hell its to damn long to read also.

so once again TDG pisses on your head and calls it rain and you fall for it....

as you do every day they post....

Silver Member
Username: Birdwatcher

Post Number: 103
this information has been out for a week. it BS
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us