Who is REALLY taking advantage of the situation?

Silver Member
Username: Etorres4u

Post Number: 105
The last part of the TDG post hints strongly that they will probably go with plasti as a "temporary" solution. Have you guys seen the prices of ROM 102's on fleabay lately??? In some cases up to $200 for one freaking card. This card would have cost around $60 a couple of months ago. People are saying that the FTA makers are greedy, but geez people what do you call people like milly that now sell cards for around $180? The plastic sellers are making a killing with cards by taking full advantage of the situation and no one says anything about them?? One freaking card alone costs as much as a brand new FTA unit!
So now TDG is basically saying that if viewsat does not have a fix by this week they will be throwing in the towel. I am not a viewsat owner, but this is bad news folks.

I believe ROM cards are less secure, much more technical and expensive than FTA. Be warned that if you buy the card on fleabay there is no garantee that is is an unlocked ROM 102, it could even be a post REV 109, which is locked airtight with no current way to unlock.
Lets just say you end up wasting upwards of $400 in the card and necessary equipment, not to mention the time necessary to learn the material needed, then either you end up doing something stupid and looping the card (which destroys it), leaving the card unblocked (which will make it vulnerable to be written over to REV 109 by Dish) or simply messing it up in other ways. Now you wasted $400 bucks on a useless piece of plastic and equipment. Now lets say that FTA does come through a bit late in the game with a fix, wouldnt you feel a bit pissed?
According to a few sites, Dish already has a fix coming up to "secure" the cards. If this is true, then you are making a huge investment on something that could be gone by the time the card and equipment are delivered.

I'm not a FTA nuthugger or a plastic hater. I wish I had a ROM 102 to play with right now. But the fact of the matter is that for the cost that is needed there are just too many unkowns to make it worthwhile. I'm just giving out advice that I myself am taking. Lets see where this will lead.

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Hawaii

Post Number: 324
I have heard also on other sites about DN going after the hacked cards in a week or so. I think it's best to just wait for now.

Silver Member
Username: Min

Post Number: 170
etorres, i do agree with your post,it not about a few hundred of dollar,but can it really work or not,if it work but for how longs.I will wait for the FIX, give a few more weeks to see what happen.if no fix come out then let do something out find another way.......

Bronze Member
Username: Birdwatcher

Post Number: 84
yeah min rock like you have any control of whether a bin comes out or not.

Silver Member
Username: Min

Post Number: 171
david,that why we all wait for the fix,we have nothing to lose,if it come out great,if not so be it,no control at all.

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 144
u can unlock the 102's even if they are locked. not post rev 109's though. u can still get a 102 for less than 150.00, a programmer around 80.00 and a unlocker for 40.00. Though a lot of money up front... they still have TV and will still have TV for a while longer for sure! The jtag u can make for less than 5.00. Oh, the reciever is 30.00. I see why people choose FTA, but I wish i'd went the plastic route first!!

Bronze Member
Username: Birdwatcher

Post Number: 91
its great man. i hope it does cuz i already missed two fights, if not oh well it will go back to the old way of telling my buddies you dont get in unless you bring beer and chip in for the fight.

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 145
my buddies still dont get in unless they at least bring the beer! And women!lol

Bronze Member
Username: Rotormanrx4

Post Number: 25
I`M AGREE WITH ETORRES POST AND PIRATE PETE AND STORY TELLER AND WITH A LOT OF PEOPLE BEEN POST IT THAT THIS IS OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR.THERE`S NO FIX AND WON`T BE BECUASE THEY CAN`T FIX IT.DISH FINALLY DID IT.EVEN THEY GUY IN THE FREE CHANNELS SAYING IF YOU CAN SEE ME YOU ARE A SATTELITE PIRATE BUT THAT IS NOT IMPORTANT,HE SAID THAT DISH IS WORKING AND TESTING NEW TECHNOLOGY AND THEY WILL SHUTDOWN US FOR GOODDDDDD THAT IS WHY THE PAST ECM WAS SO HARD TO DECODE IT WAS ONLY A PRE TEST OF WHAT REALLY GOING TO HAPPEN.SORRY IF I SOUND PESIMIST BUT SOON OR LATER YOU HAVE TO ACCEPTED THAT IS OVER.Date posted: 2006-07-21
California Satellite Pirate Operation Busted
EchoStar Communications Corp. and NagraStar announced on July 19 that a California satellite pirate had pleaded guilty to theft of satellite signals and trade secrets, both felony offenses.

Alexander Gluzman, a resident of the San Fernando Valley, admitted to distributing Dish Network satellite services and equipment throughout the United States and Canada. He was found in possession of devices used for unauthorized signal decryption and is expected to be arraigned on the charges on July 31 in a Los Angeles court. He faces a prison term of 15 years and a fine of more than $750,000 in addition to restitution.

The arrest came as the result of an extensive surveillance operation by EchoStar and NagraStar. Gluzman's activities were initially monitored in 2005 and evidence was produced that lead to an FBI search and seizure action on March 6, 2006.

Gluzman also admitted to obtaining and unlawfully distribution trade secrets and proprietary information from the satellite service provider.

The EchoStar and NagraStar investigation leading to the arrest of Gluzman is part of a widespread program to crack down on satellite service piracy operations.

Silver Member
Username: Pirate_pete

Post Number: 307
Cable company's winner in this ecm ,plastic to expensive and complicatedd for most,no guarantee it won't go down soon.B*v want 2 yrs commitment on setup,star choice just su*cks,And dtv dn want to instal and snoop through ur home, and put u on suspicous list of piretes for timming of subsciption!

Silver Member
Username: The_real_kneegrow

Post Number: 219
wow..another copy and paste...and Pirete Pete, you need to shut your stupid fcuking niggger lipped piehole...your posts are nothing but baby jibberish...ROTF

Silver Member
Username: Boricua_power

Aguadilla, Pr Puerto rico

Post Number: 135
Look guy some people made a mistake and didnot buy a rom102 when it was cheap and now if you want one you have to pay up to 300 dollars and i know that hurt but think about it if you would pay for all the PPV,porl,events,movie channel what would you pay a month think about it 300.00
seem a very good investment right now think about itUpload

Silver Member
Username: Pirate_pete

Post Number: 308
And u wonder why they call'em N*GGERS!!Must really suck ,no tv and being black ! D*mn
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us