Samsung 50" DLP (HL-S5086W) tint problem

Username: Dave1124k

Post Number: 1
It's kinda hard to explain the problem I'm having with my TV. It's a couple of day old and it was working fine for about 8 hours after I had it all hooked up. Then all of the sudden when i was playing an xbox360 game, the screen froze and then unfroze with the tints all screwed up. Now my cable programming is having the same issues as my xbox. The screen also jumps around (ex. a ticker on the bottom of the screen would be at the top and the whole screen just jumps around). BUT when I turn the TV off and then turn it back on a half hour later, everyhting will be fine and the screen will look great. Unfortunately the screen will screw up again after about a half hour of watching. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The samsung guy is coming later this week...

Thanks,
Dave

Username: Dave1124k

Post Number: 2
Just to add something, Is it possible this can be caused by the magnetic fields of a suuround sound system speakers and a sub. The surround sound is pretty old so maybe they have larger fields, plus they are very close to the TV.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 780
DMD Controller is flaking!
He will replace it or replace the entire LE.

Username: Fdisk

St. Louis, MO United States

Post Number: 5
If your set is only a cuple of days old, don't repair it! Have it replaced.

Username: Fdisk

St. Louis, MO United States

Post Number: 6
If your set is only a couple of days old, don't have it repaired. Have it replaced!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us