TDG /VERACITY Update

Silver Member
Username: Rsmc73

Post Number: 180
If you dont want to read this heres the point He pushed for a card reader solution and Mr V. said NO! Now Mr V. asked if they should follow cool sat and now and use the card reader and TDG/Veracity said NO! These People are so full of crap. What a Novel this turned out to be.

Here is the latest crap and contradicting him self again as to the card reader slot here is his post from
7/11/2006[From TDG] Re - card slot/open source
I have pushed for this for awhile now, but it has been met with strong resistance due largely to the legal implications. Once a VS works with a DN card, there will DEFINITELY be litigation from DN. Sorry guys, ain't happening. The new fix will be out shortly, so just wait & look for an "official announcement" on when tonight or tomorrow. I can't say just yet ( I promised) but there's ALOT of news coming...

And here is his post today

11 Minutes Ago
Veracity
Official Bystander

Specualtion is hard these days..
First I would like to apologize to the people that hang on every word I say, and to this site for the speculatiion on a fix. The timelines provided were given to me by people I trust. This has not been an easy one for anybody. The providers have gotten serious about their signal integrity and dealt their best shot to date at FTA. Nobody had a clue how serious this new ECM was. Viewsat even underestimated the complexity of it all. There's been no TRUE cardless fix offered yet by anyone. That alone should give you all a hint as to the difficulty involved here. Blacklist has worked tirelessly on the problem. Viewsat engineers have never stopped their quest for a solution. Cool sat caved in and used a Rom 102 to get some TV going for their customers, and Captive works, Triple Dragon & Dreambox have card sharing working. None of these are the "fix" we've all been looking for. Do I still believe it will come? YES, I DO! The predictions of when the fix will come have been wrong since the channels started dropping. It has been 1 mo. since the premium channels started dropping off. Still we have no fix. This is the longest FTA has been down (tho not totally down). Some of the players bought info & help to try & get their units back up. None have accomplished the prize they were seeking. Viewsat hasn't bought anything, cept a scope rental to get a read of the Rom 102. This WAS accomplished and they have the FULL read of the Rom 102 to prove it. Does this guarantee them a solution? Only If the engineers can decode it all and reverse it and write the routines. Nobody else has even attempted going this route, so it would appear the whole industry is content to let VS carry the ball on this one. It's a damn shame that when the solution is released, none of them will be standing in line w/cash in hand to help offset the cost of all the work done to get the solution. 1 last routine is all that stops us from having tv.. The read done on the 102 does not contain the info necessary to complete the solution. VS engineers have to find the last routine on their own. The entire industry depends on them finding it, & WE must all wait for them to find it. Blame me if you must for this wait. Mr. V asked me if they should just follow Cool sat's lead and make a carded solution. I said "NO, we have promised this industry a cardless solution, Let's stay the course till we get it done" his responce to me was " That's what I like about you, you see the real picture of what is needed" I still feel in my heart they will get this without any help, and they will do it this week. That is my opinion and an opinion only. If they don't accomplish this soon, I will relent and ask for a similar solution as Cool sat. That will be a major defeat for me as well as VS, but I just don't see that happening. Business 101 dictates that if they want to dominate the market, they must flex their engineering muscles for all to see to prove they are worthy of being #1. Anything less is NOT satisfactory. Lets all hope this comes to be very soon for all of FTA's sake.. If you want to blame someone for your lack of TV, Blame me, I won't let them quit.. It is down to 1 lousy hardware routine. The combinations are limited, not billions like people think. They will get this.. Just be patient, and be kind to each other. It's only TV. A good tester always has a backup. Either sub, or switch to plastic if you can't wait.

DO NOT BUY AN FTA UNIT TILL WE SEE A SOLUTION.

Username: Birdwatcher

Post Number: 9
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Bronze Member
Username: Aloha_aina

Post Number: 74
Thanks for the post rsmc73.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
blah

Silver Member
Username: Da_bin_chi_code

Post Number: 171
Thanks, for the nice info (rsmc73).
BUT JUST LIKE WHAT IT SAID IN IT'S FINAL STATEMENT, "Either sub, or switch to plastic if you can't wait.". With that, I totally AGREE, otherwise, live without TV.

Silver Member
Username: Rsmc73

Post Number: 181
I HAVE MY SUB AND MY COOL SAT SO IM FINE. Just passing the crap so other prople that dont go to a site that has the info can see it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I have cable. People get the month free that they offer to pass some time. you could even get free hbo and showtime...hahaha.

Bronze Member
Username: Erenia0324

Post Number: 24
listen in the same thread post #13 he answer is:

If i say that I was told Wednesday or Thursday last nite, everyone would hold me to that. What I did say is, I will ask for a carded solution similar to CS if the fix doesn't come this week. I stick to MY word, and I will do this, ONLY if they fail to provide a solution this week...

Silver Member
Username: Satboy

Ontario

Post Number: 212
these articles are so full of crap it is a pleasure reading them MR viewsat there is no MR viewsat they may not even be working on a new fix
rumor has it they are working on bringing out a new STB that can be programmed to overcome this problem, there fore all your old boxes will cost to much to upgrade and will be become TRUE FTA
RECEVERS what they were manufactured for in the first place. so these guys that tell you Mr Viewsat said this and Mr Viewsat talked to them
they are all full of you know what , no one knows dick , and so far all are rumors only
as soon as there is any constructive knews I will post it here

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
You're very likely right. Who knows if there is Mr. VS. And who knows if there is anyone working for a fix. AND WHO KNOWS IF...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
i say to everyone in here,,,,,,,blah, blah , blah, you people don't know crap. all of you are just wishing for a fix. It will come back soon and you will be able to watch your freaken por.n again. Every day that passes makes just that much more desperate.

Silver Member
Username: Johnner

Miami, Florida

Post Number: 380
BIN Chi CODE The thing is that some of us are on the FTA alone. I myself own a Pansat 3500sd witch I think they should have had a temp solution with plastic for and jet they have not.

P.S and cable is getting worse by the day.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
i'll watch the 156 channels on cable vs fta anyday. lets see. hymm, FX or Nasa. what do you think

Silver Member

Ontario

Post Number: 213
the bin chi code , I am glad you kind of lean towards my thinking , I have this from very reliable sources, that reallly do not know any more then you or I ,but come to think of it it does make sense , the name of the game is to sell stbs , and the market under the present system is slowely drying up , so what better way
then use the present situation to there advantage , and this Mr Viewsat bull , its a little factory in Korea that pumps these things out on the line a dime a dozen , there main goal is to sell stbs and forget this Mr viewsat crap
granted they are a good receiver I own one among others , and they have been very much on top of things , but they could not care less about you and me or anyone else , as long as they sell stbs
so lets not thank Mr Viewsat it should think us
gullables for buying their products.

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
This goes to Johnner:
You're not alone. I myself is also on the FTA alone. In fact, I bought 4 of the 3500SD box (one 4 each room) just last February + a SuperDish-121. With my stupidity, I cancelled my Cable Subscription, which I should not have, because I was only paying $14/mo (for about 6 years). How, When I bought this house, I had my "full cable channel service" connected, but realized to be quite expensive after a year. So I downgraded from the most expensive to the cheapest programming service, which is $14 a month. Supposedly, I should be getting only local channels, but, they had never removed the filter since year 2000.
Obviously, I am a newbbie with this "hobby", and did not realize that It could end. So I cancelled my $14 cable sub (with premium channels). SO STUPID, that all I see now with my 42" & 60" plasmas are BLACK Screen. And that was the reason I had given up with what everyone claims as a "hobby". This damn hobby cost me a fortune...
I would want to be able to watch TV whenever I want to, and not depend from the "coders", so DTV is on it's way soon.
Still hoping that we get the fix though, if not, NOT a big deal. FIX? fix for how long, then down again for so long...

Bronze Member
Username: Bhund

Post Number: 21
sorry to hear that bin chi,but did you mean by premium channels ppvs,sports,etc...
if so it sucks to be you and you should have never bought an fta receiver
if not,not too bad but cable for me without ppvs is 30$

Silver Member

Ontario

Post Number: 214
hey guys , we are all in the same boat , just sit tight a little longer there is a lot of dealers and manufacturers suffering right now big time , something will happen and very shortly
they said Nagra 2 could not be broken , well they did this latest ecm is complicated , but they can only do so much other then change all their customers cards again , and that my friends is a costly procedure , so sit tight a little longer, like I said I do not know , unlike some in this forum , that claim they heard from MR Viewsat etc (what a joke)I have been in this testing FTA for many years and have a good knowledge of what is going down most of the time , but this one has me and my friends puzzled , as soon as we get any info I will post it here for you guys so bear with us

Silver Member

Ontario

Post Number: 215
PS > If anything comes up in the next 4 days or so I will not be available , as I am going in for prostate cancer surgery tomorrow , just a little detour from my regular routine , this all comes with age . we just have to live with it

Silver Member

Ontario

Post Number: 216
Also reading the first post by Rsmc73 This so called TDG ( the dish Guy or guru ) is as phony as a 3 dollar bill , so do not listen to the bull
like MR. VIewsat said , and I asked them . ( asked who?? ) etc. I said it before and say it again no one knows any more then we do , even Chancysand at this moment has not got a clue what is going on he as much as said that a few days ago , but then you get the so called guru,s that know all like TDG/ and know dick.
see you in a few days

Gold Member
Username: The_wank_artist

Post Number: 1317
johny.
I hope all goes well for you today and in the next few weeks of recovery. Stay positive.

Bronze Member
Username: Dicks_ndickweeds

Bonerland, USA Country Music

Post Number: 36
Gee remember encoded messages during the last world war? Matrix codes were broken in a matter of days sometimes hours. This was all done without the aid of any computers. I don't believe what mr. viewsat is stating as a dual xeon pentium would take no more than a matter of minutes to break the matrix code of the last routine. Looks like the price of rom 102's is going to go higher.

Silver Member

Ontario

Post Number: 217
Thanks Tyler We are looking at it as a little detour in my life , hell who knows , when I get out I may not have to do anything a fix will be here , and my buddies will have it all done for me HIGH HOPES??????????

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 140
I hope ur buddies have u going when u get out too johny. Then we will all be up, and good luck with ur detour.

Silver Member

Post Number: 180
Good luck on luck your surgery, & get well soon...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
damn that sucks. so much i dont have anything negative to say about that. well i saved a ton of money on auto insurance. www.geico.com

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Hawaii

Post Number: 323
I wish you well Johny.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us