My only gripe with DN and DTV

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 121
If we watch commercials on a channel we have to pay for, someone is getting paid twice for the same product. If I pay, I don't want to watch commercials. Simple as that. PPV's don't have commercials, HBO and Cinemax don't have commercials, at least not the last time I watched, (must be 4 or 5 years ago). If I pay, I don't want to see a commercial. If I am not paying, commercial away. It would be like going to the movies and having a commercial for the snack bar in the middle of the movie, right at the most exciting point. Very annoying and not what I paid for when I went in the theater. The American public has been conditioned to accept that substandard service and think of it as normal. Does DN pay TMC to play their channel? Does TMC pay DN to be part of their network? When you pay at both ends, someone is getting paid twice.

Silver Member
Username: The_real_kneegrow

Post Number: 201
suck it up you fcuking crybaby...it's the same for cable, nothing you can do...there will always be commercials...NEXT..ROTF

Silver Member
Username: Sakapfet

Post Number: 113
with out commercial no tv

Bronze Member
Username: Totaldikguy

Post Number: 15
I suggest, buy DVDs...
Don't watch "broadcast" channels.

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
Yes but do you have commercials on HBO, PPV, etc. No, but for all others, yes, and that is what most people pay for when subscribing. You are paying to watch commercials. I find that annoying, and it is the reason I don't subscribe to DN or DTV. My parents do, but they are used to it, just like most of the American public. I guess you could call it my pet peeve. Anyway, no one says you have to pay, so I don't. Problem solved. If enough of the public did the same, they would change. As it stands now, no one cares, since most of the commercials are more entertaining than the programs they are sponsoring. That isn't always the case, but it is far too often.

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
I do have an extensive collection of DVDs, and it is growing. For 50.00 a month, I can buy @ 12 DVDs. They are used, but the DVD player doesn't seem to mind.

Bronze Member
Username: Traxx

Swiftcurrent, Sask Canada

Post Number: 21
Just becuase there is commercials that dont make it right to pay for it cable,dish,bev or star still dont make it fair

Bronze Member
Username: Hero

Post Number: 24
The trade off to increased protectionism is a lower audience.

Just look at all the old Dave dishes on most Canadian homes with a percentage (albeit not most I suspect) redirected to Dave or Bev birds...

Dave and Bev have done well increasing their advertiser's viewing audience as a real added benefit to the advertisers response and ultimately themselves. Come re-evaluating the advertising response and strategy post final ECM, expect some huge declining dollars to thwarts what they gain in added subscriptions short term I would imagine.

Advertisers should be pleased with escalating piracy for the sole benefit of a greater viewing audience.

Again, killing piracy reduces awareness for advertisers to a substantial degree so what they gain on subscriptions is off-set by more aware target-savy advertisers.

Look at free publications sustained solely on their advertising vs paid subscription magazines to see which addresses a target audience more effectively generating the greatest awareness for their products.

Dave's short lived bask in the sun has been met with dramatic decline, I bet they wish they could pry the code from NDS and release it to the public now... LOL

Silver Member
Username: Smarcus76

Post Number: 106
well picture like this , now that we dont have dish and wile we wait, we have a bunch of clowns to entertain us. you dont find that in any other website.

Bronze Member
Username: Hero

Post Number: 26
the entertainment is indeed hysterical by those who claim "while we wait", expecting a fix

you can wait until the sun freezes over genius

only idiots expect a fix, and idiots contribute nothing here but BS, irritating those that know better

Bronze Member
Username: Birdwatcher

Post Number: 44
my only gripe is that they are richer and smarter than we are.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us