Fuzzy green display from Pioneer DV-383-S

Username: Phoenix_talons

Post Number: 1
I just purchased a Pioneer DV-383S yesterday. My TV does not have Progressive compatibility so I set the DVD player to Interlace. I got a fuzzy green display coming from the Pioneer. I tried everything the manual says to fix it. I turned off both the TV and the DVD player, and then disconnected and reconnected the cable. Fuzzy green persists. I reconnected the cable to another TV channel (again turning all systems off). Fuzzy green persists. I changed the cables (again turning all systems off before connecting). Fuzzy green still persists. I even swap DVDs. No different.

Can this problem be fixed, or is the DVD player jacked up for good?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9044
Is the fuzzy green present when watching regular programs?

Post Number: 2
No, only on the DVD player.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9055
Take it back to the dealer.

Post Number: 3
At first, I tried to get it fixed. But the tech people told me that the (international) warranty does not cover American consumer usage, and that the cost of repair far exceeds the price of the DVD player. I called Pioneer Tech Support, and they said to replace it by getting (read: buying) a cheaper model (as DVD players are so inexpensive). So I ended up getting a completely different brand: a Daewoo DVG-9500N model. Haven't have any problems since.

In addition, I wrote in a bad review of the Pioneer model on every website I can find that prints customer reviews.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9058
International? Where did you buy this player?

Post Number: 4
From an online store in the US. The multi-region DV-383S is an overseas model.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us