Samsung HLN-617W problem help!

Username: Basrx7

Post Number: 1
i have a samsung hln-617w. i put a new color wheel in it because of the awefull whining noise, that went pretty smoothly. i also installed a new bulb. i ordered the bulb from samsung parts and because of my stupidity, i ordered the wrong bulb out of the two that were available. i inspected the bulb and realized that the only visual difference seemed to be the plug. so i took both bulbs apart and switched the plug. there are two connections, one on th back of the bulb with a nut and one on the side with a screw. i put everything together and fired it up and it worked great. about 20-30 minutes into whatching the tv the screen will go blank and it will still have sound but no picture. the remote or the power button will not shut it off. i have to unplug it.
does anyone have any suggestions for me. i really need help and it would be much appreciated
thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 758
Sounds like a thermal shut down.
I say this a lot, but here goes.
Did you take the brushy attachment to your vac hose and clean the inside of the set thoroughly? (every six months)
Did you clean and check the fans? Did you tape the cover switch shut and power up the set so you could see and hear if the fans were operating efficiently? Did you try to re-seat the lamp? If all else fails, be prepared to exchange that new lamp! It has a 90 day warranty.
Good luck!

Username: Basrx7

Post Number: 2
I cleaned the fans out and everything is working fine. the set was problem free all weekend. the only question i have now is what do i clean the screen with, it has somes smudges and fingerprints on it, and i dont want to mess the screen up

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 759
A damp wash cloth works best with a very small amount of mild diluted dish soap!
Don't use glass or all purpose cleaners.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us