Samsung hlp5663w white light behind screen -- help

Username: Txaggie

Post Number: 1
I bought the TV almost 2 years ago and now it has this white light you can see on the bottom of the screen that goes up about 4 inches and it is right above the Samsung logo & circular power button. It is not the reflective light in the center of the screen like when you have a light source on it...it is at the bottom center and is only noticable on a black image.

Anybody had this problem before or have an idea on how to fix it? Thanks!

Post Number: 2
TTT

Post Number: 3
1 last try...someone help please! TTT

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 770
I'm guessing it's dirt or lint on the lens or mirror. It can cause some strange reflections by the time the effect is enlarged on the screen. I'd start by taking the back off and using the brushy attachment to your vac hose. Clean everything including the fans. Clean and inspect the lamp area. Pull the lamp and check the mirror. Look for anything that would refract or re-direct the lamp light from the source side. If nothing is obvious, I'm not sure if your set has access ports on the sides. If not, the screen may need to be removed to inspect the projected side. Something is re-directing the lamp light.

Post Number: 4
I did take the back off and clean the fan but how does the bulb even come out? It is a really tight area inside and not much room for a screw driver. It has side ports but I have not tried to open them yet..is there a screw under that litle plastic flap or does it just pop off in one piece? The light hasn't always been there so it must be some kind of light refraction like you said. Now if only I can get a manual that shows how top do it. Thank for the reply.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 771
The HL-P5663W may have a lamp housing ending in 826A, which has now been replaced by one ending in 837A. Usually a single Phillips screw secures the housing. It is meant to be replaced by us and slides right out by the finger tabs. See pic!

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us